6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2015 10:13 AM by A.T. Romano

which version 1 to 13 of premiere elements was the first to have the green screen feature

mattstollar1006

of premiere elements vesions1 to 13 which is the first version to have the green screen feature

• 1. Re: which version 1 to 13 of premiere elements was the first to have the green screen feature
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Virtually every version of Premiere Elements includes Chroma Key and/or Videomerge.

• 2. Re: which version 1 to 13 of premiere elements was the first to have the green screen feature
            mattstollar1006 Level 1

THANKS so even versions 1 to 5 have it???

the reason is that i can't afford elements 13 at the moment and the early versions are insanely cheap

just one more question is elements 13 able to open a project done in elements 2

• 3. Re: which version 1 to 13 of premiere elements was the first to have the green screen feature
              whsprague Level 4

mattstollar1006 wrote:

THANKS so even versions 1 to 5 have it???

You risk a lot of lost work and headaches.  CPUs, video cards, drivers, operating systems have all changed since then.  You also risk loosing any money you spend because those versions may be pirated copies.   I would also suggest that you can't depend on projects from early versions will be useful in later versions.  Too many feature changes have been involved to make that work well.

• 4. Re: which version 1 to 13 of premiere elements was the first to have the green screen feature
                mattstollar1006 Level 1

the stuff on ebay isn't pirates because it comes in boxes with pamplets etc....

however what you say about specs is very relevent...i'm currently on windows 7 which means that i can't go to version 1 to 5 which are xp perhaps

one last thing i wonder if you make the highest quality render say from version 6 into the highest rezolution video would there be a resolution degrade if you put renders into the later version of premiere...you know say you put a version 6 highest rez render into elements 13 would you lose picture quality

if not that would be the way to bypass all the spec changes

thanks for advise

matt

• 5. Re: which version 1 to 13 of premiere elements was the first to have the green screen feature
                  whsprague Level 4

mattstollar1006 wrote:

the stuff on ebay isn't pirates because it comes in boxes with pamplets etc........

one last thing i wonder if you make the highest quality render say from version 6 into the highest rezolution video would there be a resolution degrade if you put renders into the later version of premiere...you know say you put a version 6 highest rez render into elements 13 would you lose picture quality

if not that would be the way to bypass all the spec changes

Good luck with what you find on e-bay....

Every time you render/transcode video output from any consumer video editor there is some loss, but it may not be visible loss.  There are some lossless codecs such as Lagarith, but I found it painful to use the one time I tried it.

That said, there may be no other foolproof way to bypass spec changes other than to create the best output you can. 

Good luck!

Bill

• 6. Re: which version 1 to 13 of premiere elements was the first to have the green screen feature
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Matt

Some miscellaneous information if you want to explore earlier version of Premiere Elements as your video editor.

Premiere Elements never had version 5 and 6. So, the versions that you might be looking at are 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 (13 is the current version).

Not sure if it would work for you in your specific computer environment, but I have been able to install and use Premiere Elements 2 on Windows 10 64 bit (keep in mind that 2 is essentially for standard 4:3 and standard widescreen 16:9 video....the user does not get to some HDV possibilities until version 3.) Premiere Elements 3 requires a 3.0.2 Update which is still available online. There is the likelihood that you will run into a MPEG2 activation issue with Premiere Elements 8 and earlier versions. And, you will encounter marked changes in workspaces in the chain of versions, especially for Premiere Elements 11 and later. And, AVCHD was not supported until Premiere Elements 7.

If you are obtaining Premiere Elements from an owner of a purchased version, you should review the Adobe Transfer of License.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Videomerge was introduced in Premiere Elements 7.

Chroma Key and Green Screen Key can be found in Premiere Elements 2 to 4 and 7 to 13. (Never had version 1, so cannot say)

There is no guarantee that a project created in an earlier version will open in a later version of the program. Since you cannot go back to the earlier version from the later version, it is best to work from a copy of the earlier version project when you try to open the earlier version project in the later version program.

If you have any questions about any particular Premiere Elements version, please ask. The information above is just miscellaneous information to consider in the selection of your video editor. There are yet the finer details of project preset and properties of source media and choice of export. If you do go for the recent version, please look at the tryout before purchase to assure its compatibility with your computer operating system and project goals.

Please consider.

ATR