9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 10:28 AM by A.T. Romano

ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?

benh50294341

I have one project in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor (in the same computer).  I want to combine them. .Is this possible and how can I do it?

• 1. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

benh

What define the situation of these projects.

Editor 1....said to be one Adobe Premiere Elements project....what version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Editor 2...what is this editor which you say is on the same computer as Editor 1 Premiere Elements and which has another project?

Do you have two different versions of Premiere Elements on the same computer?

Please supply more information.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
            benh50294341 Level 1

Hello,

First I want to thank you for your reaction to my question. I will try to be more specific.

The operatingsystem of my computer is Windows 8.1.

It is not a matter of two versions of Premier Elements, but I made one filmproject in the Editor, and then, on a new "page", a new filmproject.

Now I want to join them in one "page", in order to be able to edit both filmprojects.

Thank you in advance,

Benh.

Ben en Nolda Hootsmans

Anna v. Hannoverstraat 9

2741 VJ Waddinxveen

hootsmans@hetnet.nl

Op 6 sep. 2015 om 16:38 heeft A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

benh

What define the situation of these projects.

Editor 1....said to be one Adobe Premiere Elements project....what version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system?

Editor 2...what is this editor which you say is on the same computer as Editor 1 Premiere Elements and which has another project?

Do you have two different versions of Premiere Elements on the same computer?

Please supply more information.

Thanks.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7935603#7935603 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7935603#7935603

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

benh

Thanks for the reply. I think that the answer will be the same as before, but let us make sure that we both are OK with the details so far.

Here is the part that needs clarification

It is not a matter of two versions of Premier Elements, but I made one filmproject in the Editor, and then, on a new "page", a new filmproject. Now I want to join them in one "page", in order to be able to edit both filmprojects.

I am not clear on new project versus new page. I think that you are referring to new project. Are you saying that you opened Premiere Elements, imported your files, edited them, and then saved closed the project as the project file rather than exporting the Timeline content? Then you went to File Menu/New/Project or some other means to create a second project which you also saved as a project file rather than exporting the Timeline content?

If that is the case, then you would need to do as I have suggested to get the contents of both projects into one grand project for the export to the end product.....export each of the projects (1 and 2) to a movie file saved to the computer hard drive, and then import those movie files into the same new project for the export of the end product. You cannot import one project file (prel) into another project file (prel).

I think that your further explanation of what you are referring to as page will clarify the matter. I think that your page = project?

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
                benh50294341 Level 1

Hello A.T.Romano,

Thanks for your explanation. I understood it is not possible to execute my original plan. I intended to burn several different projectfilms to one blue ray disk, completed with a menu. I presumed it to be more easy to join them in one project, but....

Perhaps you can help me to realize this in another way?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Benh.

Ben en Nolda Hootsmans

Anna v. Hannoverstraat 9

2741 VJ Waddinxveen

hootsmans@hetnet.nl

Op 7 sep. 2015 om 18:12 heeft A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

benh

Thanks for the reply. I think that the answer will be the same as before, but let us make sure that we both are OK with the details so far.

Here is the part that needs clarification

It is not a matter of two versions of Premier Elements, but I made one filmproject in the Editor, and then, on a new "page", a new filmproject. Now I want to join them in one "page", in order to be able to edit both filmprojects.

I am not clear on new project versus new page. I think that you are referring to new project. Are you saying that you opened Premiere Elements, imported your files, edited them, and then saved closed the project as the project file rather than exporting the Timeline content? Then you went to File Menu/New/Project or some other means to create a second project which you also saved as a project file rather than exporting the Timeline content?

If that is the case, then you would need to do as I have suggested to get the contents of both projects into one grand project for the export to the end product.....export each of the projects (1 and 2) to a movie file saved to the computer hard drive, and then import those movie files into the same new project for the export of the end product. You cannot import one project file (prel) into another project file (prel).

I think that your further explanation of what you are referring to as page will clarify the matter. I think that your page = project?

Thanks.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7938231#7938231 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7938231#7938231

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

benh

Thanks for the follow up.

In the following, I think that I am referring to your "page" as "movie" or "scene".

If you want your viewer to select one of your movies in the playback on your player, play it, and then return to the main menu, then you must end with the Premiere Elements burn to DVD-VIDEO with menus on DVD disc, not AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

The reason I say this relates to the need for Timeline stop markers to achieve this effect, and stop markers function only at playback of Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO on DVD and not AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. That is the way it has been for Premiere Elements.

For your burn to Blu-ray, you could always use Timeline scene markers for the movies, and then viewer can select a movie in the Scene Selection page of the menu. But, without the stop marker, the playback will not stop after playback of the selected movie. Instead, it will continue to the last movie and only then return to the main menu.

A workaround might be to export your project's Timeline content without Timeline menu markers and menu to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then import that export into another program for the menus and burn to. I have never used the products, but I have often seen DVD Architect products mentioned for this purpose.

Please let us know if any of the above targets your issue.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
                    benh50294341 Level 1

Saterday 12-9-'15.

Hello A.T.Romano,

Thanks for your response and patience, but we have a problem:

our knowledge of the English language is not so large. We can translate the words, but the meaning of the sentences is not always clear to us.

For the sake of clearness: once I already succeeded in burning a film with markers to a blue ray disk.

The question is how to succeed in burning a second  film with markers from a different project to

the same blue ray disk, in order to make both films part of the same menu.

We hope we do not make too large an attempt on your patience and beg you to consider our poor knowledge of the English language.

Thanks so far,

kind regards, Ben.

Ben en Nolda Hootsmans

Anna v. Hannoverstraat 9

2741 VJ Waddinxveen

hootsmans@hetnet.nl

Op 8 sep. 2015 om 18:35 heeft A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

benh

Thanks for the follow up.

In the following, I think that I am referring to your "page" as "movie" or "scene".

If you want your viewer to select one of your movies in the playback on your player, play it, and then return to the main menu, then you must end with the Premiere Elements burn to DVD-VIDEO with menus on DVD disc, not AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc.

The reason I say this relates to the need for Timeline stop markers to achieve this effect, and stop markers function only at playback of Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO on DVD and not AVCHD on DVD or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc. That is the way it has been for Premiere Elements.

For your burn to Blu-ray, you could always use Timeline scene markers for the movies, and then viewer can select a movie in the Scene Selection page of the menu. But, without the stop marker, the playback will not stop after playback of the selected movie. Instead, it will continue to the last movie and only then return to the main menu.

A workaround might be to export your project's Timeline content without Timeline menu markers and menu to a file saved to the computer hard drive and then import that export into another program for the menus and burn to. I have never used the products, but I have often seen DVD Architect products mentioned for this purpose.

Please let us know if any of the above targets your issue.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7941776#7941776 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7941776#7941776

• 7. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Ben

Please do not hesitate to ask if problem in the communication. I will try to explain until we understand.

If you have burned your Timeline content to a Blu-ray disc using Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc, you cannot add to the disc.

All the content has to go on the same Timeline before the creation of the menu and the burn to same Blu-ray disc.

Now here is what we need to be clear about.

Where are the two parts that you want on the Blu-ray disc?

If one is a movie file on your hard drive, then you just import that movie file with Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders/ into

the project that already has the first part on its Timeline.

But, if you have part one and part two in two separate Premiere Elements project files, then

a. You export the Timeline content of the first project file to a movie file. This movie file will not have menu.

b. Then you import that export movie file into the other project file that already has other part of what you want on the Blu-ray disc.

It is in this other project file where the menus are created using all your content.

If the above is clear, then we can talk about Timeline menu markers that will be important to the navigation of the Blu-ray disc when the

viewer is viewing the disc content on a Blu-ray player.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
                        benh50294341 Level 1

Hello A.T.

Your answer is completely clear  and the way to solve the problem seems logical to me.

I cannot practice yet, for I want to collect some more short movie projects first.

In order to start learning to work with the program Premiere Elements I bought a special program, but I could not find an answer to my question in these lessons.

Only the matter of making time line markers is talked over, so I think I will be able to produce the markers.

In the meantime I want to thank you for your kind and clear explanation. Having such a pleasant contact with someone you do not know, neither you know where in the world he lives, and all the same you have the idea of knowing him already for years.

With kind regards,

Ben.

P.S.

We were asked to criticize your answer ( "clicking correct below the answer"), but we did not succeed. How can we do this?

Ben en Nolda Hootsmans

Anna v. Hannoverstraat 9

2741 VJ Waddinxveen

hootsmans@hetnet.nl

Op 12 sep. 2015 om 17:16 heeft A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

Ben

Please do not hesitate to ask if problem in the communication. I will try to explain until we understand.

If you have burned your Timeline content to a Blu-ray disc using Premiere Elements burn to Blu-ray disc, you cannot add to the disc.

All the content has to go on the same Timeline before the creation of the menu and the burn to same Blu-ray disc.

Now here is what we need to be clear about.

Where are the two parts that you want on the Blu-ray disc?

If one is a movie file on your hard drive, then you just import that movie file with Premiere Elements Add Media/Files and Folders/ into

the project that already has the first part on its Timeline.

But, if you have part one and part two in two separate Premiere Elements project files, then

a. You export the Timeline content of the first project file to a movie file. This movie file will not have menu.

b. Then you import that export movie file into the other project file that already has other part of what you want on the Blu-ray disc.

It is in this other project file where the menus are created using all your content.

If the above is clear, then we can talk about Timeline menu markers that will be important to the navigation of the Blu-ray disc when the

viewer is viewing the disc content on a Blu-ray player.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.qqqqcom/message/7956106#7956106 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7956106#7956106

• 9. Re: ilmpI have one froject in the editor of Adobe premiere elements and another one in a second editor. I want to combine them in one editor. Is this possible and how can I do it?
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Ben

Thanks you for the update and your kind comments.

Please never hesitate to ask if you have questions about your project workflows. We are glad for the opportunity to help.

So, if you ever get at a point in your project that is not working as you want, remember you are just an Adobe Premiere Elements Forum post away where help is ready for you.

Best wishes

ATR