Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

serial number not accepted

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have had to reinstall Photoshop Elements 7 (purchased with a new computer in 2009) on a new computer. I downloaded the installation files from adobe: PSE7_WIN_TB_WWE.exe and removed the broken former copy of PSE7 from my computer. Insallation of the new copy worked, but when the Software Setup window came up, PSE would not accept my original serial number from the CD that came with my computer in 2009.

Is there are way around this or should I uninstall the PSE7_WIN_TB_WWE version and use the CD (there is not disk drive on my most recent laptop)?

Walter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 06, 2015 Sep 06, 2015

Many thanks,

In the end I uninstalled the downloaded copy of PSE7 and then reinstalled from the 2009 CD. This reinstallation worked fine.

The only indication of a problem with the downloaded copy of PSE7 was a red "X" that came up when I entered the serial number on the 2009 CD, Only the free 30 day trial as the option that would allow me to open that copy of PSE7. Entering the serial number worked fine with the reinstall from the CD.

In any case, for me, the problem is now solved.

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide the screenshot of the error message while entering the serial number. This will help us a lot with resolution.

Regards,

Anupriya Khare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks,

In the end I uninstalled the downloaded copy of PSE7 and then reinstalled from the 2009 CD. This reinstallation worked fine.

The only indication of a problem with the downloaded copy of PSE7 was a red "X" that came up when I entered the serial number on the 2009 CD, Only the free 30 day trial as the option that would allow me to open that copy of PSE7. Entering the serial number worked fine with the reinstall from the CD.

In any case, for me, the problem is now solved.

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI, I have very similar problem - I have downloaded PSE7 from

http://trials.adobe.com/dlm/Applications/PSE/PSE7TB/PSE7_WIN_TB_WWE.exe

This copy of PSE7 doesn't accept my serial number (24digit) bought through web on 2009 (i.e. I don't have installation disk and never had), although it is valid (and online help confirmed it is so).

I have reinstalled PSE7 and deleted all tmp files, but problem still persists.

Could you please help me to solve this issue so I could work with PSE7?

Link to my thread: invalid serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines