6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2006 11:01 PM by kglad

please help....

withuforever
      I'm a flash beginner. How do I make the pictures in the background moves with my mouse's motion exacty like this website?

http://www.pradaparfums.com/

Thank you for your support
        • 1. please help....
          shikozel Level 1
          you will need more than basic flash. basically it consist of 5 separate layers. each layer move independently. how much it move? depend on the location of your mouse from the center. you will need to do it with Action script motion
          • 2. Re: please help....
            kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP
            that looks like more than 10 depths are used.
            • 3. Re: please help....
              crazyjoemilan Level 2
              the new blur filter would've looked so much better on that than just darkening :( Maybe it was a screen-lag issue.

withuforever,

Take your images in photoshop, and cut them out. (you can also use clipping masks in flash, but photoshop is easier). You can save them as either .png or .psd with faded transparency (or as a .gif with wacky edges) Import them onto different layers on the stage. then you can animate them using actionscript connected to the mouse or you can do it beginner-like ...and...

build invisible buttons to fill the page. Animate the images on the timeline. Set the buttons to play segments of the timeline. You'll have to solve some problems that would be automatically solved with using the actionscript process, but at least you'll be able to play with something.
              • 4. Re: please help....
                actually, there was (or is) a swf creator that did just this kind of (apparent) depth management for you. i can't remember the name of the software. it's not swift3d.
                • 5. Re: please help....
                  withuforever Level 1
                  Thanks everybody for your kind support.

I've found sth like _x=_x mouse in a book that talks about a similar effect. Is this the right kind of actionscript? I even don't know much about writing actionscript........ =/ Can anybody tell me the basics of how to write an actionscipt to make that effect??

Many Thanks!!
                  • 6. Re: please help....
                    that's not a beginning project. so, i think you're going to run into numerous problems.

you can check flashkit.com to see if they have a tutorial for something similar.