3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 7:15 AM by A.T. Romano

won't render?

ofmikasa

so, i got premiere elements last night. i'm familiar with video editing and crap, so getting this started wasn't a problem.

but now i have run into one.

every once in a while i render my clips. but, sometime during my editing of the video, everytime i click render, it sets me to the same spot in my video and plays it. i have multiple orange bars that aren't being rendered.

help?

• 1. Re: won't render?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ofmikasa

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now, I will assume Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

1. Do the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar span the entire duration of the Timeline content that you intend to Timeline Render?

2. Are you looking at the orange line that runs horizontally above the Timeline content or are you looking at the orange line that goes horizontally through the middle of the clip (called clip rubberband)?

The screenshot is from Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Expert workspace.

WorkAreaBar.JPG

In the screenshot, the Timeline render line above the Timeline content is green, indicating that the Timeline content has been rendered and is displaying the best possible preview in the Edit area monitor playback. No Timeline rendering is needed at that point and is not possible. Note that the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar are spanning the entire duration of the Timeline content.

Also, to where do you have the preview files pointed and how much free hard drive space is at that location? See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Video Previews category.

Thanks.

ATR

Please consider then we will decide what next if necessary.

Thank you.

• 2. Re: won't render?
            ofmikasa Level 1

oh! the gray tabs at the top weren't covering the entire length of the video. i tried rendering it once i fixed them, and now it works!

thank you!

• 3. Re: won't render?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ofmikasa

Great news.

Thanks for letting us know the outcome. Great job of follow through moving those gray tabs of the Work Area Bar to span the entire Timeline content to be rendered.

There is a shortcut for setting those tabs (if you do not just use the mouse cursor)

Move the Timeline Indicator to the start of the area for rendering, as you hold down the Alt key, hit the left bracket key [

Move the Timeline Indicator to the end of the area for rendering, as you hold down the Alt key, hit the right bracket key ]

Please do not hesitate to ask if any questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR