4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 7:24 AM by parisphoto

DNG Does Not See Files

parisphoto

Running Vista Pro, 64 bit, with Adobe DNG Converter 8.3.0.141.

OS is current with all updates.

I've used the DNG converter for years so I am familiar with its operation.

Now when I try to convert a folder of Nikon D610 nefs, the DNG converter does not see any files in the folder.

The files are there, and are visible in Windows Explorer, Photo Mechanic, etc.

The files have not been corrupted by any other programs, and the DNG Converter cannot see the original files on my SD Card.

When I drag nefs from the folder to the DNG icon on my desktop, it gets converted.

Other than the usual Windows updates there have been no changes to my computer.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the DNG Converter, with the same results.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: DNG Does Not See Files
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

The DNG Converter works with FOLDERS.  On Windows you’ll never see the files in the folder.

The way to use it is to single-click on the folder name of the folder that contains the raw files.  Don’t double-click to open the folder, just single-click.

• 2. Re: DNG Does Not See Files
            parisphoto Level 1

Thank you for your response.

I open the DNG Converter, and in the Select Source Folder window hit the Select Folder button, and with a single click select the folder that contains the nefs, The folder's name turns blue, and the right side of the DNG Converter tree shows no files and says that No Items Match Your Search. If I hit the Select button, we go ack to the original DNG converter screen which says that No Inages Have Been Selected.

To recap:

All selecting is done within the DNG converter windows.

The source folder is selected with a single mouse click.

The source folder's name turns blue.

The right side of the DNG converter's tree is empty, showing no files, with the message No Items Match Your Search.

This happens with nefs from all cameras.

• 3. Re: DNG Does Not See Files
              JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You might try downloading the latest version of the DNG converter. DNG converter 8.3 was the first version that supported the D610, and it's possible that there could have been some issues.

• 4. Re: DNG Does Not See Files
                parisphoto Level 1

Thank you.

When the DNG Converter is opened, the selected folder must not be opened in the DNG folder tree.

Thank you.