9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 1:31 PM by A.T. Romano

premier elements 13 trial

scottm27383403

i have installed the program,with no bother but it keeps crashing whilst trying to load the exporter,and will not progress any further,so basically its not even opening up fully

i was going to buy it,but after this i may not

anyone here have an idea whats going on?

• 1. Re: premier elements 13 trial
          A.T. Romano Level 7

scottm

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system?

Please explain what you mean by "the exporter" when you write

but it keeps crashing whilst trying to load the exporter

Please name the process that you refer to as exporter.

1. Does the problem occur with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and are you running the programs as administration?

Have you right clicked the Desktop icon for the program, select and applied Run As Administrator?

3. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer?

Let us start here and then decide what next.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: premier elements 13 trial
            scottm27383403 Level 1

hi

currently running W10,

i have defender and firewall off,ran as admin ,still hangs when displaying loading exporter AVI.pm ,think its pm

everthing is up to date apart from quicktime,i cant find quicktime for windows 10,all i find is for windows 7,can you help ?

hopefully its the quicktime thats the problem

Thanks in advance

Scott

• 3. Re: premier elements 13 trial
              A.T. Romano Level 7

scottm

Thanks for the follow up.

Microsoft has a problem with QuickTime latest version for Windows 10. The latest version of QuickTime is 7.7.8.

So, suggestion is to use QuickTime 7.7.6. It will meet the Premiere Elements requirement for "latest" version of QuickTime installed on the same computer as Premiere Elements. Please use the following QuickTime 7 link for 7.7.6 (All Users of Windows)

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Be sure to be running programs as administrator. Even right click the Premiere Elements Desktop icon and select and apply Run As Administratior.

Also, check that your video card/graphics card is up to date according to the web site of manufacturer of the card or the manufacturer of the computer.

We will be watching for your results when your time permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: premier elements 13 trial
                scottm27383403 Level 1

hi again

i have it running now,was the quicktime app that was missing,i have another problem,i have recorded a random clip of a game,added it to the timeline but there is no audio at all,the clip has definitely got audio as it plays in wmp no bother

help

• 5. Re: premier elements 13 trial
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

scottm

Great news about the QuickTime benefits.

Is it just this one clip from a game that is affected by this audio issue or are other audios clip from different sources/different formats also affected by the no sound?

If you open a new project, same problem with this particular clip?

Please post the properties of the file that you are importing into the project and getting no Timeline sound. I am assuming that the no sound is in the Premiere Elements Editor and not its Elements Organizer. Or, file in Elements Organizer, same problem?

When you are importing these clips, please look to the bottom right of the workspace. Do you see a progress bar there with activities going on? If so, make sure to wait for that to go to completion before doing anything else in the project.

Based on the details in your reply, we will decide what troubleshooting strategy is indicated.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 6. Re: premier elements 13 trial
                    scottm27383403 Level 1

HI again

there is no sound to hear in the clip no matter what import method i use,i dont see the progress bar in the right of the screen either

on the timeline,the audio track has a flat line indicating no sound,i can add in any audio track i like and that plays fine,the file format is AVI

hope this helps

• 7. Re: premier elements 13 trial
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

scottm

Thanks for the follow up.

Important to know what kind of avi. AVI is just a file extension which represents the wrapper format of the file. Can you find the video and audio compression that the .avi file uses? Brand/Model/Settings for the camera that recorded the video may give us the important troubleshooting information that we need.

Please confirm if you can get audio from any other video/audio import (any format)?

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: premier elements 13 trial
                        scottm27383403 Level 1

i used dxtory to record the footage,using the lagarith lossless codec for video and the pcm codec in dxtory for the audio

i can play any audio track i have in my library and can confirm a mp4 clip plays fine,do i need to convert the game capture footage (dxtory) for it to play ?

• 9. Re: premier elements 13 trial
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

scottm

Thanks for the additional information.

I suspect that the Dxtory Lagarith.avi may be recording with a variable frame rate. If you want to confirm whether or not that is the case, you can download and install the free video audio properties readout program named MediaInfo (use Tree View). Just be careful with your choices during the download/install of that program since it is known to travel with unwanted baggage.

MediaInfo download | SourceForge.net

If you see 3 frame rates under the file's video properties, then for sure the video was recorded with a variable frame rate.

The typical workaround for that is conversion of the file to an H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version. That H.264.mp4 is then imported and used in Premiere Elements. https://handbrake.fr/

If needed, I can supply how using HandBrake for this purpose.

We will be watching for further news of your results.

Thank you.

ATR