3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 9:44 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere 11 shows black splashes when editing / playing video

Alexaka

In Premiere Elements 11, I tried editing a video from DJI Phantom3 drone and it shows black artifacts when playing or encoding for final output. Original video looks fine and using MS Movie Maker shows no problem at all.  Not sure if this is a known problem but if anyone has any suggestions I'd be happy to hear about it.

• 1. Re: Premiere 11 shows black splashes when editing / playing video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

alexaka

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 11?

I suspect you have unknowingly applied the Videomerge effect to your video. If you select your Timeline clip, go to Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/ do you find a Videomerge panel there?

Depending on how that goes, what are the properties of your Timeline content from your DJI Phantom3...video compression, audio compression, frame size, frame rate, file extension.....?

We will be watching for your results as your schedule permits. If it is the Videomerge problem, I will give you further instructions on how to deal with it.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere 11 shows black splashes when editing / playing video
            Alexaka Level 1

No I dont have any applied effects.  Even without rendering anything I was seeing the problem.  However I opened the same file again and I cannot recreate the problem !  So not sure what happened. Could be a low memory problem ???

• 3. Re: Premiere 11 shows black splashes when editing / playing video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Alexaka

Thanks for the follow up.

What happened so that the problem disappeared?

a. with or without deleting the file from the Timeline, you dragged the file again from Project Assets to the Timeline

or

b. you opened a new project and imported the file into the new project and then dragged it to the Timeline, no pop up messages involved?

No sure what happened as you described, but, if it happens again, please create a screenshot the image in the Edit Area monitor and post it in your thread if that would not create any privacy issues.

The specified item was not found.

I was thinking that you got caught saying Yes to the Videomerge pop up without realizing all the consequences of that. It is a common pop up when the project thinks it detects a solid color in the image when it arrives on the Timeline.

VideoMergePopUp.JPG

But, if you do not see a Videomerge panel in Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette, so much for that idea for now. A Smart Fix might be involved, but....

We will be watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR

Add On...I do not think it is a low memory issue but we can explore your computer resources, project size and complexity, and the rest if the problem reoccurs.