5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2015 2:59 PM by Steve Grisetti

Audio not working

rothfam3

Premiere elements 10 will no longer play audio. I have tried running previously made movies with audio and get no sound. I am trying to add audio to a current series of stills but also no sound. I can see the audio on the monitor but it's silent. I've tested the audio playing the music before adding to premiere and everything sounds great, but add it to premiere and it's silent.

What could be the cause?

• 1. Re: Audio not working
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What has changed since the program could play audio?

Did you make any changes to your system -- maybe upgrade to Windows 10? Have you plugged in a USB audio device, like headphones or a USB microphone, that may have changed your operating system's audio settings?

What operating system are you using?

• 2. Re: Audio not working
            rothfam3 Level 1

Thank you so much for responding to my question. I am using the Mac version and I have no microphone or headphones plugged in. There have been no upgrades to the computer, it's used exclusively for photoshop and hasn't even been turned on for a least a year. We've been doing  some renovating to the house and have had this computer shut down and covered while the work was being done.

I've tested the audio in several ways and it works perfectly on everything but premiere. I actually tried it on iMovie this morning as well and it worked great.

Thanx again Steve

• 3. Re: Audio not working

Does NO audio play in Premiere Elements or only some types of audio?

If no audio is working, go to the program's Preferences and, no the Audio Hardware page, check the ASIO Settings. It may not be set properly.

If only certain types of audio aren't working, that could be a whole other issue.

• 4. Re: Audio not working
                rothfam3 Level 1

No audio at all. Not on old videos, music or movies that I created last year. Any new clips I put in also play with no audio, it appears everything is as it should be and I can see the audio but it's dead silent.

I've quite frankly given up! I'm taking it to a tech tomorrow since I'm not that tech savvy. This is quite baffling and beyond my scope.

All audio plays outside of elements and no audio plays inside elements. The same clip played in iMovie works flawlessly.

I dunno, I give up.

Thank you so much Steve for trying to help me with this.

Annette

• 5. Re: Audio not working

Odds are it's the ASIO settings I described above.