When it crashes, does it post any other information?
Where are your user folders? Are they perhaps on a network location?
Do you have ample free space on your hard drive?
Thanks for responding Rick.
No messages are posted.
No, the files are all under Program Files on the C:/ drive. Lots of disk
space. All good ideas.
Out of curiosity, does anything change if you disconnect from the web and try starting it again?
Just tried it, nope same problem- just comes up, and then right back down.
Are any other applications running at the moment? It sounds like something else may be running that Captivate doesn't like for whatever reason.
Perhaps try temporarily disabling any antivirus or antimalware apps?
Crash issue with Captivate 9 has been resolved now. Please follow the steps below to Activate the Captivate 9 license:
- If you have Captivate 8 installed on your machine, please it launch it first
- Go to Help > Sign out
- Please Sign out from the next window.
- Now Launch Captivate 9 and try to activate the trial using your Adobe Id and password
- Please do not try the Step 2 if the Step 1 resolves the issue.
- In case you do not have any older version of Captivate installed on your machine, please search for “Creative Cloud” Application.
- Click on the Downside arrow from top right and go to Preferences
- Under General tab, Click “Sign Out”
- Now please launch Captivate 9 and try to Sign in again .
These steps should resolve the issue. Please feel free to right me back in case you face any issue.
I had the same issue and signing out and signing in again totally solved the problem. Thank you.