5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 8:10 PM by A.T. Romano

Windows 10 problem with elements 11 not seeing video

stormyw90313232

I installed elements 11 on a new windows 10 machine and can only hear the audio portion of the file, can't see video.  Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Windows 10 problem with elements 11 not seeing video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

stormyw

I have Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 10 and have no problems with it. So, I am not suspecting a generalized incompatibiity with Premiere Elements 11 and Windows 10.

First thought - do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements 11? And, are you running the programs as administrator?

Microsoft has a problem with latest version (7.7.8) of QuickTime on Windows 10. So, please use QuickTime 7 version 7.7.6 until Microsoft works through its QuickTime details. The following should meet the Premiere Elements requirement for "latest version" QuickTime 7 on your computer with Premiere Elements.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

If that does not resolve your problem, please supply more details including properties of source video involved.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: Windows 10 problem with elements 11 not seeing video
            stormyw90313232 Level 1

Thanks.  I did find an article suggesting you install the older version and did get it installed and working properly.

• 3. Re: Windows 10 problem with elements 11 not seeing video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

stormyw

Thanks for the follow up.

Great news that the QuickTime install on Windows 10 worked for you.

Just checking to learn if QuickTime and Premiere Elements are both working well and if you are moving

forward in your Premiere Elements workflows.

Please do not hesitate to ask if additional questions about original problem or any others.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: Windows 10 problem with elements 11 not seeing video
                stormyw90313232 Level 1

I do have another question. We have decided we are not going to keep this computer so will need to uninstall the program and put it on the new computer when we get it.  Do you need to deactivate it before uninstalling the program?  Thanks!

• 5. Re: Windows 10 problem with elements 11 not seeing video
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

stormyw

If you are not going to keep the computer, then for Premiere Elements 11 on Windows

1. Help Menu/Deactivate in an opened project, close out of there and the program.

and

2. Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way.

As a side note, in Premiere Elements 12 and 13, the deactivation is done with Help Menu/Sign Out in an opened project.

Adobe allows you to have the same purchased activated serial number on no more than 2 of your computers. And, then you are not supposed to use the 2 at the same time. Under that condition, if you went to install the same purchased activated serial number on a 3rd computer, the system would block you from that install. Deactivation and uninstall are not the same thing. So, if you were not getting rid of the computer, you could leave the deactivated but installed program on the computer and install on the other computer. Just keep the purchased activated serial number count to no more than 2.

ATR