7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 6:53 AM by A.T. Romano

audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper

abbymae7211

Hi, I am new to Premiere Elements 9 (and the Adobe Forums) .. I am finding that when I load video created with Aimersoft DVD Ripper I have experienced the following - AVI files have no audio at all.  MP4 files have audio but it is out of sync.  I'm not sure if this is a codec issue or something I can fix in Aimersoft settings when ripping the files.  I usually do this with my 4 year old daughters DVDs to keep the original and she can use the back up copy as she is rough on her DVDs and most of them aren't cheap to purchase.  I recently accepted the upgrade to windows 10 and am at a loss now without the clunky but useable Windows DVD Maker.  I love Photoshop and remembered Premiere Elements was included in the software package I bought ages ago....so thought I'd finally try to familiarise myself and get back into some video editing Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper
          A.T. Romano Level 7

abbymae7211

If you rip video files from a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, there is no .avi file. The DVD-VIDEO video files start with the naming as

VTS_01_1.VOB. So, how are you getting .avi and .mp4 files from the Aimersoft DVD Ripper?

So the question becomes what  are the properties of the video are you creating in the Aimersoft DVD Ripper?

If you have DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, why not omit the Aimersoft product and use your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Get Media/DVD Camcorder or PC DVD Drive/Video Importer in order to copy/rip your DVD-VIDEO files from the disc?

Please give more details.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper
            John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Directly editing a VOB... or Ripping a VOB to edit using a note from Jim Simon

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322647

• 3. Re: audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper
              A.T. Romano Level 7

abbymae7211

We need more details before we get into VOB files versus something else. Right now your information about .avi and .mp4 files are not consistent with ripping DVD video files from a DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc. So, we need to clear up the details as I asked in post 1.

If you really have VOB files on that disc and if you are using Premiere Elements, you do not have to convert the VOB files from the disc to anything else including MPEG2.mpg.

All you do is insert the DVD disc into the burner tray, and then use your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Get Media/DVD camcorder of PC DVD Drive/Video Importer to get the DVD-VIDEO files (VOB) into the project's media and Timeline. The results are expected to be good.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper
                abbymae7211 Level 1

Thank you kindly for your replies and apologies for the delayed response - sleep, then work The reason I was using Aimersoft was when I tried to 'get media' using premier utilising the method you suggested, I get the following error:

error.jpg

On first glance, I assumed this was a copyright issue and went straight back to Aimersoft to rip the files. In answer to your other question.  Aimersoft has the option to 'load DVD' and I just select the entire DVD folder and after 'parsing DVD' you can select whichever format you which to export the movie as ie AVI, MP4 which I did.

I tried again after work to 'get media' and managed to get some of the VOB files to transfer to a folder on my laptop but when I placed them on the Premiere timeline there was an error relating to rights and the files were all messed up.   I tried to changed the attributes of the folder I am writing to but it keeps changing back to read only (files in this folder only).  I'm not sure if that is the problem though as I can put other video files there

Just when you think you understand technology, file and folder formats, software...something like this comes along to really test me and I feel like a complete idiot!

Thanks so much again for any help you can offer....  Also, when I start Premiere I get the following message and I'm wondering if there is a recommended driver I should install?

display driver.jpg

Regards,

Amanda

• 5. Re: audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

abbymae7211

Thanks for the reply with important troubleshooting information.

Let us take care of the display card error first. Premiere Elements 9 is notorious for display card errors and brought deletion of the BadDrivers.txt to attention of all as lifesaver in many instances.

a. Device Manager/Display Adapters/ find out what video card/graphics card your computer uses. And, go to the web site of the manufacturer of the card to make sure that you have the latest driver version for that card. If you do have the latest driver version, then

b. Delete the BadDrivers.txt file. Its location for Premiere Elements 9 is found

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: BadDrivers.Txt File Locations

Also see enabling Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives so that you can see the path to the BadDrivers.txt. That information is in the link also.

Also, make sure that you are running 9 as the 9.0.1 Update.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

Please use this source for the update, not the project's Help Menu/Updates.

Please confirm what computer operating system is involved with this Premiere Elements 9 issue.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On....Post 10 in the following will give you some history on Premiere Elements 9 and the BadDrivers.txt file

Re: Premiere Elements 9 Tryout Serious Display Problem

• 6. Re: audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper
                    abbymae7211 Level 1

Hi again,

I have now reverted back to Windows 7 - so sorry for the delay in getting back here.  I have also now fixed the bad driver issue by updating to the latest available from Intel.

OK, now let's see if we can fix this issue with having insufficient privileges to to copy files to my video folder c:\.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-7944009-815516/error.jpg

I have also tried right click "run as administrator" to open Premiere Elements.

I would love to be able to use this software for copying my DVDs as well as video editing .... IF I can get it to work properly.

Windows 10 was running when I started this thread but I have since reverted back to Windows 7 and the error occurs on both versions of Windows

Thanks as always in advance for your help.

Regards,

Amanda

• 7. Re: audio issues with video using Aimersoft DVD Ripper
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Amanda

Thank you for the update.

It has been my impression that Premiere Elements successes and failures are the same before and after the upgrade to Windows 10 64 bit.

But, now that you are back on your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 on Windows 7 64 bit without the display card error, let us see what we can do about the burn to issue.

At this stage, can you

1. Open a new Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 project to the Timeline workspace with the project set appropriately to NTSC DV Standard or NTSC DV Widescreen in the new project dialog that you see when you open the program.

2. Insert your DVD disc (representing DVD-VIDEO on DVD) into the burner tray. In Premiere Elements, use Add Media/DVD camera or Computer DVD Drive/Video Importer.

3. Inspect the Video Importer Save In field. What is in that Save In field? And, how much free space is at that location? Are you getting any message about the files already being there when you are trying to import them? Or, are you still getting the insufficient permissions message?

4. If the insufficient permissions message is popping up, then change the Save In to another location. Or go to the folder that it is pointing to, right click the folder, select Properties, and then Properties' Security Tab and make sure the permissions are set.

One thing to be aware of...each of your DVD discs (with DVD-VIDEO) will start with the DVD video file name of VTS_01_1.VOB and continues in series. When you are working with more than one disc and have the same Save In location in the Video Importer, the second DVD's VOBs will get rejected with the message that they already exist. That happens because you are trying to add a file with the same name as that which is already there although they are really different file content. So, at the Save In location best to set up separate folders for these saves from different DVD discs.

Let us see where we are up to this point and then decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR