• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I stop play on an mp3 audio clip from the Gallery?

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have about a dozen audio clips I've recorded in my Cpv 8 project which I start and stop using Advanced Actions based on user interactions (Play Audio & Stop Triggered Audio). I'm also using an audio file from Gallery > Sounds (mp3) on the title slide, which I want to stop via an Advanced Action when the user clicks a "Get started" button. The Stop Triggered Audio action doesn't stop the clip and I can't see how else to do it. Is managing mp3 audio a different process than managing clips that are recorded in Cpv.

Thanks,

Bob

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop Triggered Audio only acts on audio that has been started by 'Play Audio'. Not very clear, sorry about that. It has nothing to do with being recorded or imported at all.

The easiest way is to use Play Audio as well for that clip from the Gallery, not adding it just to the slide. Slide audio can only be stopped by muting all audio. Audio will also stop when leaving the slide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Lilybiri. Unfortunately, it doesn't solve my problem. I start the Gallery mp3 with On Enter: > Play Audio under Actions on the slide and Stop Triggered Audio as part of an Advanced Action when the "Get started" button is clicked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will double-check if you give me all details:

• which version do you use
  • which audio clip are you talking about

It should work as I told, never had an issue with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just out of interest, what happens if you convert this MP3 to a WAV file and then trigger it via the advanced actions?  Are you able to control it better when it's WAV instead of MP3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the delayed response to your responses. I got diverted to a different priority. The problem here turned out to be a cache issue. Thanks for your help.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources