0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 8, 2015 1:24 PM by jrichviewfla

Azure Blob Storage Hosting?

jrichviewfla

First off, I am not a flash developer (sorry!). I have a client that has handed me some files and html tags which render a video with subtitles (names changed below for client privacy). The SWF file is quite large (naturally). So my question is whether I can somehow change the below to load its video content from a URL rather than just a local file name so that I can host the large files in Windows Azure blob storage rather than on the web server VM itself?  In other words, will an embedded flash player object load via a URL? If so, what would need to change here?  I've tried a few things and nothing worked.

<object id="csSWF" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" width="800" height="704" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0">

<param name="movie" value="TheMovieFile.swf" />

<param name="scale" value="showall" />

<param name="bgcolor" value="#1a1a1a" />

<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />

<param name="flashvars" value="tocdoc=left&amp;showsearch=true&amp;autostart=false&amp;autohide=true&amp;xmp=TheM ovieFile_config.xml&amp;content=TheMovieFile.mp4&amp;thumb=FirstFrame.png&amp;containerwid th=800&amp;containerheight=704&amp;smoothing=true&amp;enablejsapi=true&amp;fullscreen=true &amp;windowbox=false&amp;showbranding=false&amp;showstartscreen=true&amp;showendscreen=tru e&amp;basecolor=272727&amp;loop=false" />

<!--[if !IE]>-->

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="TheMovieFile.swf" width="800" height="704">

<param name="scale" value="showall" />

<param name="bgcolor" value="#1a1a1a" />

<param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" />

<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" />

<param name="flashvars" value="tocdoc=left&amp;showsearch=true&amp;autostart=false&amp;autohide=true&amp;xmp=TheM ovieFile_config.xml&amp;content=TheMovieFile.mp4&amp;thumb=FirstFrame.png&amp;containerwid th=800&amp;containerheight=704&amp;smoothing=true&amp;enablejsapi=true&amp;fullscreen=true &amp;windowbox=false&amp;showbranding=false&amp;showstartscreen=true&amp;showendscreen=tru e&amp;basecolor=272727&amp;loop=false" />

<!--<![endif]-->

<div id="noUpdate">

<p>The video content presented here requires JavaScript to be enabled in your browser and the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player installed. If you are using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now. Otherwise, please update your version of the free Adobe Flash Player by <a href="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer">downloading here</a>. </p>

</div>

<!--[if !IE]>-->                   

</object>

<!--<![endif]-->

</object>