1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 10:09 AM by foj

how to centre the stage in the browser window while using 'overflow: visible' ?

foj Level 1

I want the stage to centre in the browser window: Centre Stage is checked to 'Both' and  Responsive Scaling is also checked to 'Both', this to facilitate the stage to (responsively) scale to it's maximum possible limit while maintaining the aspect ratio.

This works fine if I have Overflow set to 'Hidden'. Unfortunately I want Overflow set to 'Visible' which then forces PC web browsers to create scroll-bars to 'accommodate' off-stage content to the right and bottom of the stage (but not to the left or top of the stage). Worse, on mobile devices it positions the stage at 0,0 in the top left corner and displays all the overflow content to the right and bottom of the stage.

Is there anyway I can get the browsers to not register the overflow content to the right and bottom of the stage - I cant think why anyone would want Edge Animate to behave like it currently does anyway?

I presume it needs the same code that knocks out anything under 0,0, left and top, to work to the right and bottom of the stage (for which I am using a pixel value in Edge Animate).

I am working with version 2015 on Win 7 64bit.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: how to centre the stage in the browser window while using 'overflow: visible' ?
          foj Level 1

I am not that familiar with HTML or CSS and now realise the only option to lose the scroll-bars is hidden (from visible | hidden | scroll | auto), is this correct?

(My idea was that if the browser window expanded either horizontally or vertically beyond the scaling of the aspect ratio, the overflow content would fade the stage content into the background - but I don't want scroll-bars or the off-centred look this creates on mobile devices, as I describe above. I really need an overflow option that provides visible overflow with no scroll-bar - not unless a minimum size is hit or the site is zoomed-in, so they work only for the stage area... I guess this does not exist =[ )

All I can think of now as a solution is a (browser window) background image that scales (perfectly in sync) with the aspect ratio of stage, is there such a thing that anyone knows of?

Thank you.