3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 1:50 AM by Derek Cross

I do a newspaper layout every two weeks; this time when I opened my template, set it up for the next issue when I typed "W" to show the gridlines I got something totally different than previously, a background grid that is most annoying.  Why in the world

saciel35538199

6 months new to InDesign I do a newspaper layout every two weeks.  This time when I opened my template, set it up for the next issue, when I typed "W' to show the gridlines, I got something I've never seen before.  The background was filled with a new checkered grid rather than the blank behind the newspaper I'm used to seeing.  I don't know what happened but it appears Adobe has once more fiddled with the program.  The last time this happened I lost the 'span columns' icon at the top; now it is a two step deal to put head-lines across more than one column.  NOT helpful.

There is likely a command or a term I don't know that will set this right but my main question is why, when I've done this dozens of times before, does something different come up this time.  (I know, unanswerable.)

I also would appreciate any comments someone out there might offer re why, now when I type on InDesign, is there a slight pause before anything happens on the screen.  Is this my brand new Mac, or something to do with the program I can fix?

thanks,  Sacie