2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2006 11:40 AM by CRR769

Getting TOC to automatically display expanded

CRR769
      Right now, the help system opens with the "Books" collapsed. I'd like them to be expanded automatically so users can see the topics. Would like to do the whole thing in some cases and in others, have only particular books expanded automatically. How can this be done? Thank you in advance for your assistance!
        • 1. Re: Getting TOC to automatically display expanded
          Level 2
          In your window properties, you can select autosynchronize TOC. This option will expand the book that the default topic (or topic called from context sensitive help) is in. I don't know if there is a way to expand the enitre TOC, short of putting the ddefault topic in each book. What kind of cases were you referring to? How would the decision of what to open be made?
          • 2. Re: Getting TOC to automatically display expanded
            CRR769 Level 1
            Thanks for your response, but I don't see that option in the window properties. The help is actually in WebHelp - is it not an option in that format?

The person who is requesting that particular books be expanded wants to have certain books expanded but not others because when everything is expanded, it's too long and people won't see all the main books/chapters. I'm not particularly keen on the idea, but wanted to find out if it can be done.

Thanks!