2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 8:07 AM by A.T. Romano

Why is the export button greyed out in my elements 10 Premiere?

lisaf54308560

I have created my film, which plays in the player. But for some reason I cannot export it. I have rendered the film and it's all ready to be exported but I can't do it.

Can someone please tell me why? I need to export it asap.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Why is the export button greyed out in my elements 10 Premiere?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I'm not exactly sure when the menu option changed (maybe ATR will stop by and tell you) but I think you use the PUBLISH/SHARE option to export your project to anything else

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 may help

-click the publish/share links to learn, and then see if your version matches the options

-link above has the direct Amazon link to buy Steve Grisetti's books on Premiere Elements

• 2. Re: Why is the export button greyed out in my elements 10 Premiere?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

lisaf

Premiere Elements 7 was the last version of Premiere Elements to have File Menu/Export/Movies besides Share/ section for exporting of the Timeline content.

In Premiere Elements 10. What is left is File Menu/Export/Title for saving Titler titles to .prtl files to be used in other projects. The key to getting an active Title in the File Menu/Export/Title is to first select/highlight its thumbnail in Project media, and then go to File Menu/Export/Title

What computer operating system is involved?

How are you exporting where it does not work.

Computer

and then what?

Is there any error message?

Or, are you looking for File Menu/Export/Movie in 10, cannot find it, and then saying that you cannot get your export? If that is the case, then look to the Share section of your project. If you give us more information about your project settings, Timeline content, and the type of movie file that you seek, we can give you specific details for the export choice.

What are the properties of what is on the Timeline?

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements, and are you running the programs as administrator?

An essential question is "What video card/graphics card does your computer use?" If NVIDIA GeForce, then we target that first. There is a known Premiere Elements 10/NIVIDA GeForce issue whose fix is to roll back the driver version to May 2013 rather than to assure that you have the last video card/graphics card driver version installed.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE10: NVIDIA Video Card Driver Roll Back

Please consider. If have any questions about the above or need clarification on it, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR