2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 9:06 AM by 66dellwood

how to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom

danniew76283302

My computer has been having few issues here and there so I have backed up everything and I am preparing to clear my MacBook Pro. How do I uninstall and reinstall my Adobe Programs properly so nothing is lost? I have Lightroom 4, Photoshop CS6, & Finalcut ProX that I need to do this to

• 1. Re: how to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

HI Danniew,

Make sure you have backed up the lightroom 4 catalog and all the original images, also all the custom actions and preset that you have downloaded in Photoshop CS 6 are also backed up.

Then you can uninstall the application by going to the application folder and open the Photoshop cs 6 there will be uninstaller file inside it double click on it to uninstall the Photohsop CS6

for Lightroom drag the lightroom folder to the trash.

Thanks

• 2. Re: how to uninstall and reinstall Lightroom
            66dellwood Level 1

When you un-install LR (in my case LR6), will the primary catalog (as opposed to the backed up catalog) get deleted along with the LR software?

I ask because I am curious whether you have to somehow reinstall or restore the catalog so all the edits are restored when LR is re-installed.   For example, do you have to copy the catalog from your backup location and paste it back into the default folder location?

I am hoping, obviously, this is not the case.  Also hoping I am making sense.

thanks much.