3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2006 8:47 AM by pwatvu

Unable to connect with SFTP

pwatvu Level 1
      I am trying to connect to a Linux server using SFTP. Contribute responds that the server is down or not accepting connections; however, other SFTP clients are able to connect without any issues. It appears that Contribute is attempting to open multiple connections to the server. The server has connection throttling in place, and if a special rule is put in for the client, then Contribute can connect. Unfortunately, then Contribute errors with "cannot verify your connection information". The home folder and permission are correct. None of my other SFTP clients are showing these problems.

Any ideas on how many connections Contribute opens when creating the connection?
      What does the second error refer to?
        • 1. Re: Unable to connect with SFTP
          Level 7
          > I am try to connect to Linux server using SFTP. Contribute responds
          > that the server is down or not accepting connections; however, other
          > SFTP clients are able to connect without any issues. It appears that
          > Contribute is attempting to open multiple connections to the server.
          > The server has connection throttling in place, and if a special rule
          > is put in for the client, then Contribute can connect. Unfortunately,
          > then Contribute errors with "cannot verify your connection
          > information". The home folder and permission are correct. None of my
          > other SFTP clients are showing these problems.
          >
          > Any ideas on how many connections Contribute opens when creating the
          > connection?
          > What does the second error refer to?

Hi,
          What is the ftp sever you are using in Linux?

And what linux flavor is this ?

-Avinash

• 2. Re: Unable to connect with SFTP
            pwatvu Level 1
            It's Sftp - OpenSSH on RHEL4.
            • 3. Re: Unable to connect with SFTP
              pwatvu Level 1
              Any reason why every other SFTP client can connect but not Contribute?