2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 8:51 PM by Bob Somrak

I have windows XP 32 bit. I am wanting the newest verson of lightroom.

candiceo46812782

I have windows XP 32 bit. I am wanting the newest version of light room i can get. Ive been told its lightroom 3.6, Is that right?

Also Im wanting to rent the program for $9.99 per month is that also possible with that version?

• 1. Re: I have windows XP 32 bit. I am wanting the newest verson of lightroom.
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi candiceo,

Lightroom 6/CC is the latest and the newest version which is not compatible with Windows Xp 32 bit Operating System.

The Maximum you can have Lightroom 3 on Windows Xp 32 bit Operating System.

You need to upgrade your system in order to use that rent program for $9.99 because it will give the latest version Lightroom( Lightroom 6/ CC 2015).

Hope it helps.

~Mohit

• 2. Re: I have windows XP 32 bit. I am wanting the newest verson of lightroom.
            Bob Somrak Level 5

You have a lot of potential problems using a compter with Windows XP. 

First of all, XP is not even on life support anymore, time to upgrade your computer if you are going to do digital photography using RAW.

It will only run Lr 3 and there is probably not any place to obtain that version now.

If your camera is newer than the last version of Lr3 than you will have to use the DNG converter to use the files is Lr3

If you camera is really new than you can not even use the required version of the DNG Converter as it will not run on XP

Editing RAW photos on Lr3 produces poor results compared to newer version of Lr.

1 person found this helpful