2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2015 3:12 PM by jphamilton1000

I am having problems with no sound in Adobe Premiere Elements Organizer 13.1 for Mac

jphamilton1000

I am not getting any sound for .mts files in the Organizer.   I definitely updated to the 13.1 version.   I am using OS X 10.10.5.   I read the related posts and saw that it might have been a bug fixed in v13.1, but even after updating I am still having the same problem.   I am getting sound in Editor but is severely constraining to try to organize a lot of video clips with no sound in the Organizer.  Please help!

Thanks -

Jim.

• 1. Re: I am having problems with no sound in Adobe Premiere Elements Organizer 13.1 for Mac
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

MTS files can be problematic in the Organizer on the Mac version of the program.

First, have you opened a Premiere Elements project yet and added those MTS files to your timeline? You will need to do this so that the program will download the necessary codecs to read the files.

Once you've done that, select one or a group of MTS files in the Organizer's Media Browser, right-click and select the option to Update Thumbnail.

That should do it, particularly if you used Premiere Elements' Video Importer to get the video from the camcorder to your computer (rather than just using Finder to move the files to your hard drive).

• 2. Re: I am having problems with no sound in Adobe Premiere Elements Organizer 13.1 for Mac
            jphamilton1000 Level 1

Thank you for sharing Steve - tried it but doesn't work for me, imported from camcorder or copied from disk.  I'll keep experimenting and let you know if I learn anything.   I've gotten around the problem by adjusting my planning process do that in Editor after importing all my clips, rather than in Organizer.   This works although when Editor is rendering a final file (10 to 50 minutes in my case), it would be nice to multi-task and start planning the next project in Organizer with sound.