13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2015 9:26 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.

YukonLady

I am running Win7 in 64 bit mode.  My Premiere Elements 13 seems to be functioning to create a video, but when I try to upload it through the facebook feature, I get a windows has to close, searching for solution error.   I have reinstalled the program in safe mode, but the problem is the same.  I also have Premiere Elements 12, and this program functions correctly to upload the video to facebook, so I know it is a problem with version 13.

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

How long is the clip you are trying to upload? Have you authorized your connection to Facebook yet?

If this continues to be a problem, you can use Publish & Share/Computer/AVCHD with the YouTube HD preset to output your video as an MP4 and then manually upload it to YouTube, Facebook or Vimeo.

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
            YukonLady Level 1

I tried using Premiere elements 13 to upload the very same video that was created in Premiere Elements 12 and successfully loaded to Facebook, and it still crashed the program, so clip size isn't the problem.  I do not want a work around in PE 13 which is supposed to be an upgrade to 12, as I know PE 12 works, so PE 13 should also work.  PE 13 does not give me the opportunity to  authorize the connection before it crashes.  PE 12 did move to the authorization part successfully but PE 13 crashes before I can authorize.  If there is a separate section that allows Facebook authorization prior to uploading, please let me know where it is

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Oh well. All I can do is offer my advice. Whether or not you want to take it is up to you.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                YukonLady Level 1

Thank you Steve for trying to help.  What I am looking for is how to make PE13 work as it is supposed to.  If I can't, I shall continue to use PE12, and not bother with further updates, as 12 is working correctly. I had removed PE 12 after installing PE 13, as I was trying to clean up my computer to remove older programs when new ones were released.  When PE13 failed to work, I reinstalled PE12, and it is working again, but PE 13 is still giving errors. So hope someone has the answer, hopefully Adobe can chime in on this problem.  If I didn't have PD 12 working, I would for sure appreciate the work around you offered.  Again, thank you for responding.

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

YukonLady

If your schedule permits, I would like to exchange some questions and answers on the problem that you ran into trying to use the Premiere Elements 13 built in Facebook feature on Windows 7 64 bit. I do have Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 64 bit, but use YouTube and Vimeo but not Facebook.

1. Does the problem exist with and without firewalls disabled? Assuming 12 works/13 does not on the same computer, could exceptions need to be written for 13?

1. You say the 12/12.1 works in this regard, but 13 does not. Please confirm that the versions are on the same Windows 7 64 bit computer. Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened 13 project's Help Menu/Updates? Does that update produce the 13.1 update, and equally important does it have any impact on the Facebook upload issue? On the other hand, are you using the 13.1 version. I have run into some issues in 13.1 that are not there in 13.

2. Can the same Premiere Elements 13 Timeline be uploaded to Vimeo or YouTube if not Facebook? ONLY as a troubleshooting tool.

If you get to the point where your troubleshooting points to an uninstall reinstall of Premiere Elements 13/13.1, please consider the specific scheme of

1. Uninstall the usual Control Panel Way

2. Do free ccleaner run through (regular and registry parts) CCleaner - Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled

4. Only when you know that 13 is working completely, then consider the update to 13.1

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                    YukonLady Level 1

Thank you for your suggestions A.T Romano..

1.   In answer to your questions, my PE 12 is version 12.0.  My PE 13 is version 13.0.  It makes no difference to have my firewall and virus software disabled when trying to upload version 13 to facebook.  

2.   I tried to follow the previous suggestions of Steve Grisetti, and I am not able to  save for YouTube or Vimeo  from PE 13 either.

Both versions of the software are running on the same computer.  I do not recall having to make any concessions to allow PE 12 to work, so don't know what I would change for PE 13.  In fact I had uninstalled PE 12 before I found that the share to facebook wasn't working for PE 13, and then reinstalled PE 12.

I did a reinstall of PE 13 with the firewall and virus turned off - I did this in safe mode on my windows machine.    However, I will now do a complete uninstall, and reinstall, and see if that works.  I will update this again, after I have been able to do the clean installation.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

YukonLady

Thanks for considering the troubleshooting suggestions.

I ran across an article a while back where firewall disabled made a difference in the upload to Facebook, I believe it was some version of Premiere Elements. But, I could do a search to dust off my memory on that.

Are you running your computer as an individual home computer or are you working from a school or company network?

Please consider the scheme for the uninstall/free cleaner/reinstall mentioned in post 5.

If you are going to uninstall reinstall anyway, it would be interesting to learn if you can update 13 to 13.1 using the opened project's Help Menu/Updates in order to determine the scope of the Internet related factors. The uninstall reinstall will take you back from 13.1 to 13 if that is where you want to be. Just want to explore the scope of your network issue if there is one.

Even though you are using 12 as your control on the same computer, I would nonetheless look at factors that one might consider in its absence

a. Different computer default browser

b. Clearing of the default browser's Cached Media Content (See browser Options/Advanced/Network and it Cached Media Content)

c. Turning off the router for about 40 seconds

d. Refreshing the Online Services (See Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing

You wrote

2.   I tried to follow the previous suggestions of Steve Grisetti, and I am not able to  save for YouTube or Vimeo  from PE 13 either.

Please confirm - did the problem involve using the Premiere Elements 13 built in Facebook, Vimeo, YouTube features only....could you export to file and then upload that file to Facebook, Vimeo, or YouTube at the respective web sites? Again, I am only mentioning that for troubleshooting purposes to try to determine the scope of your issue.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permit. If you do decide to go with Premiere Elements 12, you might consider updating that to 12.1. One of the major perks in doing that is that you do not get the Text Style issue that exists only in the Expert workspace of that 12 version.

I have Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and Premiere Element 13/13.1 on same computers (in one case Windows 7 64 bit and in two case (Windows 10 64) and have no problems with Premiere Elements built in Vimeo and YouTube features. I do not use Facebook.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                        YukonLady Level 1

I was hoping the uninstall, clean, and reinstall would be the solution, but sadly, it has made no improvement, and I still get the crash when I try to upload a video through the Share feature. When I re-installed, I have again, the version 13, but it gave me the notice that an update was available.  It doesn't seem to matter whether I update or not for the Share feature, but will likely go ahead and update, for whatever other features it offers.  If you have ny other suggestions, I would be happy to hear them.  The one difference in 13 is that it says something on the install about a new feature of sharing information with Adobe to improve the service.  It is set by default, and when I clicked on the "click here" to disable it, in case that was the problem, it did not take me anywhere.  That is the only other thing I can think of that is different from version 12 that did not have that .

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

YukonLady

Thanks for the update.

With my preference set for do not share with Adobe, I am not seeing any affect of that choice on the Publish+Share/Social Websites or other.

So, I do not suspect that setting as involved in this. I have seen reports of user being shutdown in Vimeo or YouTube because of detected copy protected content - even like background music. From the profile of your issue, I am not suspecting that either. So, what then?

One angle I thought of relates to the source media and project settings. Remote possibility but a thought. Given you are comparing the same file for your 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 Publish+Share/Social Websites and the same upload settings. But are the project settings varying from project to project....See Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Edit Menu/Project Settings/General as well as Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

What happens if you make the 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 Publish+Share/Social Websites comparison using a Timeline consisting of only 4 or 5 jpeg photos. Same problems?

The fact that you can download and install the 13.1 Update narrows down the network aspect of what is going on or not going on. Also, for troubleshooting purposes, do you have any success using Publish+Share/Private Web Albums to upload your Timeline content to Adobe Revel as AVCHD.mp4 (1280 x 720)? But, on reflection, have you really updated to 13.1 yet or still thinking about it? Expectations for 13.1

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 13: Adobe Releases Premiere Elements 13.1 Update

Have you flushed the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 preferences (settings file)?

Local Disk C

User

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 Folder is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. If that does not work, then you delete the whole 13.0 Folder in which the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file exists. Be sure to we working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the complete path given.

http://atr935.blogspot.com/2015/02/pe-13-adobe-releases-premiere-elements.html

Thanks for your consideration

ATR

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                            YukonLady Level 1

I deleted the entire  Premiere 13.1 folder under the User , AppData, etc as I could not see a preference file. 

Comparing the same settings under Preferences, Project Settings, General, as well as other areas, for 12.1 and  13.1,  I found they do not have the same options available in the menu settings, so not able to compare line by line.  But one under Capture, 12.1 has HDV chosen as capture setting, and the 13.1 has WDM, with no other options to choose from, in spite of there being a down arrow which would suggest there should be more settings to choose from.

I tried as you suggested with jpgs, and still crashes.  I tried with Private Web Albums, and it also crashed.  So there is definitely something buggy with version 13 and 13.1.  It makes no sense to me that 12 and 12.1 works perfectly, yet 13.1 which is supposed to be an improvement continually crashes.

I do appreciate all the time you have devoted to helping me.  I only wish my program also appreciated it, and started behaving correctly.

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

YukonLady

Thanks for the updates.

In the spirit of never give up....

What are you using for installation of Premiere Elements 13 - purchased downloaded from Adobe or purchased installation disc from box packaged product.

What do you think about using another source of installation files or disc and then inserting your purchased serial number into them during installation?

You could use installation files from either of the following

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/other-downloads.html

or

Adobe Photoshop Elements 13 Direct Download Links, Premiere too | ProDesignTools

With the second link, just read carefully the web site's "Note: Very Important Instructions" and follow them to the word, otherwise you will run into a Access Denied message.

And, there is the thought of creating a new user account with administrative privileges and installing and trying to use Premiere Elements 13 from there.

Another thought, do you have any other computer on which you could download and install 13?

There is definitely something unique to your computer system which we have not targeted.  I am not seeing the Publish+Share/Private Web Album or Social Websites problems that you described for 13 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

But, you must decide when enough is enough and go with 12/12.1 which is working for now. The type of problem that you describe can happen and has happened for Premiere Elements 12 and other versions. But, if it worthwhile for you, do not give up.

Please consider

Thanks

ATR

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                                YukonLady Level 1

I feel a kindred spirit in you, and a tenacity to attack a problem until it is solved, which I also feel.  However, at this time I am thinking there may not be a solution.

Thinking on the same lines as you, I wondered if my original download (purchase online, with digital download), had somehow gotten corrupt in its download.  So I went to my order, and downloaded again.  After uninstalling 13, removing files, etc. I reinstalled 13, did the update, and with the same crash, I sort of said, well, CRAP!  I will just use 12, and forget any more money down the tube for Adobe products that they don't support, and expect customers to support each other.

So I don't know if you are male or female, but I will just say thank you A.T. for trying to help me with this problem.  If you get some flash of inspiration from the ethernet that might give me a solution, I would be happy to hear from you.  If there is anyone else out there who thinks they can remove the demons from my software, please let me know.

And since 12.1 is working fine, I am not willing to lose160 lbs (which would leave me in the grave as a skeleton), study yoga, and tun my soul over to the software gurus just for version 13 to work as it should, I guess I will just forget using 13.1, and when they offer me an update I will think twice.

I do truly appreciate the time you have devoted to help me solve my problem.  I wish it had been successful, so that I could give the credit to you that "answers" have with successful results.

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crashes when I try to use the upload video to facebook feature.
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

YukonLady

Thanks for the update.

Today I fixed a printer problem of mine that I thought was unsolvable so I have been on a fix it roll all day. Sorry that the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Publish+Share/Private Web Album and Social Websites was not in the roll. It is a good idea for you to move forward with 12/12.1 for now to devote the time to creativity instead of troubleshooting.

But there is an answer out there for this, and it will continue to be on my to do list to unearth it. A recent thread dealt with a similar issue which I do not believe is solved yet even with the intervention of Adobe Staff who appeared in the ID's thread. I need to see if I can find that thread again. I am recalling there might have been an added factor of Windows 10 upgrade involved. The frequency of appearance of Adobe staff and the Premiere Elements Help Team in this essentially user to user forum is undefined. But, we can hold out hope that one of them may catch sight of your thread and try to put your information together with that of the other user that I mentioned. But, based on the overall thread content in this forum, this type of issue is not one that seems to be brought up that often. Does that mean that this problem exists for a few, or rather others do not bother to report it and go for a file uploaded to these web sites at the web sites??

Over the years in the Premiere forums here and elsewhere, I identify myself beyond ATR only as a user of the program with an overactive troubleshooting gene.

The troubleshooting is the focus.

I appreciate that you took the time to explore the solutions.

Best wishes

ATR