8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 2:01 AM by mauritzh68914620

The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?

mauritzh68914620

• 1. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

You don't say which version of the program you're using, what model of camcorder your video is coming from or how long your clip is.

But, when you first load a clip into a project, the program needs to conform the video and then the audio. (You can watch the progress in the lower right of the program.) This process can happen very quickly or, on longer clips, can  take a few minutes. If you start editing before the program completely conforms your audio, the clip will include audio only at the beginning of the clip.

The solution is to clear the clip from your project and re-import into your Project Assets. Once you've done that, wait until the clip is fully conformed before you start editing.

• 2. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
            mauritzh68914620 Level 1

Hey Steve Grisetti. Thanks for your reply. I have Premier Elements 13. My camera is a Panasonic HC-V750. The video format is AVHCD MP4. No problems when editing. That is when I look at the clips in the sorter which sounds close after 30 seconds. no matter how long the clip is.

Nice evening/day

Mauritz Henriksson

Från: Steve Grisetti 

Skickat: den 10 september 2015 14:07

Till: Mauritz Henriksson <gubben.mauritz@ownit.nu>

Ämne:  The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?

created by Steve Grisetti <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7948878#7948878>

• 3. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Have you tried what I recommended in my first post? it should fix your problems.

Also, your camcorder is capable of shooting in 1920x1080 AVCHD. I would recommend you shoot your video in that format rather than MP4 to give you the highest quality and best performance in Premiere Elements.

• 4. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
                mauritzh68914620 Level 1

Hello again Steve Grisetti. Thank you for your assistance. My problem is solved, but I do not know what action was successful. If the problem is resurrected, I get to start over and look back.

Nice weekend.

Mauritz Henriksson

Från: Steve Grisetti 

Skickat: den 10 september 2015 22:40

created by Steve Grisetti <https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7950626#7950626>

• 5. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

mauritzh

Now that your discussion is concluded, may I ask you one or two questions so that I can understand the problem even if you found the solution without the why?.

From what you wrote,

No problems when editing. That is when I look at the clips in the sorter which sounds close after 30 seconds. no matter how long the clip is.

you have said that the sound problem occurs when you are viewing video in "sorter". Is the "sorter" that you mention the Mac Finder which would be the counterpart of Windows' Windows Explorer or File Explorer? Or, are you viewing in some Mac Sorter software on your computer? Or, are you referring to playing back the Timeline edited clip in the Edit area monitor or the clip's Preview Window within the opened project?

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
                    mauritzh68914620 Level 1

A.T.Romano

Hello again. I understand why you wonder. "Sorter" is the Swedish term for "organizer". My problem with the sound is thus the "Premier Elements 13 Organizer". No problems when editing  I have Windows 8.1 in my computer. I get clips from explorer into my computer works sound throughout the clip.

Then I turned off the computer and turn it on again, have the same error resurfaced. Sometime maybe I will find a solution permanently.

My English is poor, so why do I use translation software. It will be well not the language better by ??

Thank you for your dedication

Mauritz Henriksson

Från: A.T. Romano 

Skickat: den 11 september 2015 16:55

created by  <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano> A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements -  <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7953085#7953085> View the full discussion

• 7. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Mauritz Henriksson

Thank you for the reply. Appreciated it.

Since the problem is gone, I do not want to take you away from your work to ask more questions. Curiosity always takes advantage of me. I tried to find a sample of Panasonic HC-V750 AVCHD.mp4 to test but I could not find on online.

But, if the problem should return (I hope not), please let us know if the audio is Dolby Digital 5.1 channel or AAC 2 channel and whether or not you are working with both the Premiere Elements 13 Editor and Elements Organizer 13 as 13 or 13.1.

Best wishes.

ATR

• 8. Re: The audio of a video turns off after 30 seconds. What is it?
                        mauritzh68914620 Level 1

Hallo A.T. Romano

Thanks again for your commitment.

Have sat and checked everything I do to be able to see some differences. First, answers to your questions. The programs are Premier Elements 13 Editor, Premier Elements Organizer 13 and the Photoshop Elements 13.0. Built-in microphone is Dolby Digital 5.1. Sometimes external stereo microphone (Panasonic VMS10E).

But! Now I have found that when I started using the camcorder (January 2015), I used the recording mode Frame. Then the file format xxx.MP4, and the sound was with the whole clip. In the summer, I started using the recording mode AVCHD and must file xxx.MTS. It is in that format as the sound closes after 30 seconds. So now I know it. But still the question remains: why the sound is muted after 30 seconds ?? There's still with the editing and saved the finished result. (Why do I complain then?)

Thank you again and make you a nice week.

Mauritz Henriksson

Från: A.T. Romano 

Skickat: den 13 september 2015 04:19

created by A.T. Romano <https://forums.adobe.com/people/A.T.+Romano>  in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/7957217#7957217>