7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2015 6:34 AM by Bengt Nyman

How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom

Bengt Nyman

How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom ?

My Lightroom imports do not include .jpg files.

• 1. Re: How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi,

The import process is same for the following supported formats: PNG, DNG,TIFF and JPEG.

Are you getting any error message while importing JPEG files?

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom
            Bengt Nyman Level 1

My Lightroom excludes all .jpg files that were not created the same day.

• 3. Re: How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom
              Bengt Nyman Level 1

I tried the following: I made a new folder and copied all the .jpg files (only the jpg files) into the new folder. NOW Lightroom did import the .jpg files from this new folder. Thank You.

• 4. Re: How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom
                dj_paige Level 9

That's good. But it shouldn't be necessary to put .jpg (or any files) in a separate folder to import them.

If you describe the symptoms, what happened when you tried, what the error messages were, we most likely can help further.

• 5. Re: How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom
                  Bengt Nyman Level 1

Hi,

No error messages. It simply does not import .jpg files created the day before or older.I run 64 bit Lightroom 5.7 on Windows 7 Professional and I import to Lightroom from a computer hard drive.

Bengt Nyman

To: Bengt Nyman <bengtenyman@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 1:07 PM

Subject:  How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionThat's good. But it shouldn't be necessary to put .jpg (or any files) in a separate folder to import them. If you describe the symptoms, what happened when you tried, what the error messages were, we most likely can help further. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7948703#7948703 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7948703#7948703 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 6. Re: How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom
                    dj_paige Level 9

It simply does not import .jpg files created the day before or older.

This is the same information we had before. Can you provide details? Can you show us a screen capture? Can you describe exactly what happens when you try?

• 7. Re: How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom
                      Bengt Nyman Level 1

Two of you are asking questions.sarsaxen has additional information.

Bengt Nyman

To: Bengt Nyman <bengtenyman@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 3:25 PM

Subject:  How do I import .jpg files into Lightroom

created by dj_paige in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussion

It simply does not import .jpg files created the day before or older.

This is the same information we had before. Can you provide details? Can you show us a screen capture? Can you describe exactly what happens when you try? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7949089#7949089 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7949089#7949089 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" 

Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.