3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2015 8:21 AM by A.T. Romano

Effecten Presets verwijderen

Bentelhues

In Premiere Elements 13  maak ik eigen Effecten Presets en voeg die toe aan My Presets. Nu blijkt dat ik die daarna nooit meer kan wijzigen. Ook zijn ze niet te verwijderen. De map My Presets wordt erg vol en onoverzichtelijk. Wie heeft een oplossing?

Alvast dank,

Bentelhues

• 1. Re: Effecten Presets verwijderen
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bentelhues

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 13?

In any Premiere Elements version, I have not found a way to delete selectively saved Effect Presets from within the opened Premiere Elements project.

But, you can clear the entire content of My Presets displaying in the program workspace by deleting the Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset file found in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 in the following path - with Premiere Elements closed....

Local Disk C

Users

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and in the 13.0 is the Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset file that you delete. After you delete this file and reopen Premiere Elements, a new Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset file will be generated, and your My Presets in the program will be empty. In order to see the path to this file, you need to be working with the Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled.

I am currently looking at how to edit the Notepad document of the Effect Presets and Custom Items.pefpset file to try to remove saved Effect Presets one at a time.

More information on that later.

ATR

• 2. Re: Effecten Presets verwijderen
            Bentelhues Level 1

ATP

Thank you very much for this answer.

My operating system is Windows 7.

Your solution worked instantly and perfectly.

Actually we should find this kind of information in the regular manual of Premiere Elements, but for now I am very glad with this and looking forward to your further discoveries.

Bentelhues

• 3. Re: Effecten Presets verwijderen
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Bentelhues

Thanks for the reply with the great news that you were able to clear all in the display of My Presets (saved Effect Presets).

I have been working on trying to do the clearing of the saved Effect Presets on a one at a time basis, but have not found

the key to doing that by editing the Notepad or WordPad  document for the file named Effect Presets and Custom Items.prfpset file.

Further developments coming soon.

Best wishes

ATR