7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 9:41 AM by Keith_Reeder

where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1

Mark Miraglia

I have a standalone copy of Lightroom which I recently upgraded to 6.1.  I read about the de haze option and tried to find it.  My Develop/Effects section does not have the slider.  All the documentation says it is for Lightroom 6.1 and CC Lightroom but mine is missing.  Any suggestions or information.

Running a Mac Pro, Macbook Pro

Thanks,

Mark

• 1. Re: where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi,

Dehaze functionality is a part of Lightroom CC.

Its not available in Lightroom 6.

The updates that Lightroom 6 users receive going forward will be just for bug fixes and new camera and lens profiles only, but not new feature upgrades as Lightroom CC customers will receive on an ongoing basis .

As Lightroom CC 2015 takes Lightroom 6 and offers it via subscription together with access to integrated mobile apps (like Lightroom Mobile) and online services (like Lightroom Web with unlimited online photo storage). Lightroom CC will also give you ongoing new feature updates as soon as they are available and Dehaze is one among them.

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1
            dj_paige Level 9

Dehaze is not a feature of Lightroom 6.1, it is only in Lightroom CC 2015.1

See June updates to CC Photography

• 3. Re: where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1
              Idealphotobc

Well Adobe sure did not go out of their way to make that clear. i have use LR since version 1 and I am not interested in adding another recurring charge to my credit card, so I upgraded to 6 after using the demo for a month. As soon as I upgraded the de haze slider was turned off. I could not believe it. What a shameful "bait and switch". $89 bucks for nothing. I connected with the Adobe chat and the customer service I received was singularly the worst experience I have ever had. What an incomprehensible ploy on Adobe's part to force people into the subscription. My new Sony RX100 came with a PhaseOne demo and as long as I can get my money back I am done with Adobe. What a great way to lose loyal customers! And no, I am not interested in using a plug in to get the same functionality that Adobe has already built into the product. Here is a thought - if CUSTOMERS actually WANTED a subscription service Adobe would not have to use such tactics to get them to sign up for it.

• 4. Re: where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1
                dj_paige Level 9

$89 bucks for nothing.

You get the entire Lightroom 6 software, that seems to me to be more than "nothing".

• 5. Re: where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1
                  Idealphotobc Level 1

Sorry, not "nothing" just "nothing new or that was in the 30 day demo". I have LR 5 and now I have LR 6 and it has the same features but cost me $89. I agree that "$89 for nothing new" is more accurate. The demo has a dehaze slider but in an attempt to shamelessly coerce customers into buying the subscription they took it out. Microsoft, by the way, puts the same features in Excel 2016 as they put in their Office 365 subscription. If you cannot sell subscriptions without resorting to a "bait and switch" then maybe no one wants the subscription. This forum is full of users with the same complaints. Anyway I am way too busy to argue about it in a forum. I will try and get my money back and switch to a different product. Easy!

• 6. Re: where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1
                    ProDesignTools MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Idealphotobc wrote:

Microsoft, by the way, puts the same features in Excel 2016 as they put in their Office 365 subscription.

That isn't quite true - in fact, it works exactly the same for Microsoft's subscriptions as it does for Lightroom's...  You can make a one-time (Office 2016) purchase with no updates, or a subscription (Office 365) purchase with ongoing new features.

However, because Office 2016 just recently came out, the desktop featuresets are identical - for the moment.  That's the way it was when Lightroom 6 and CC 2015 were first released in April; they started out the same as well.

Since that time, the two LR tracks have diverged.  Lightroom 6 remains and works as the old model did (discrete/static releases), while Lightroom CC follows the new model (ongoing/continuous features).

That said, it wouldn't hurt if Adobe made it even clearer about the differences between the two options.

• 7. Re: where is the de haze slider in lightroom 6.1
                      Keith_Reeder Level 4

Idealphotobc wrote:

The demo has a dehaze slider but in an attempt to shamelessly coerce customers into buying the subscription they took it out.

Oh, stop it.

Adobe has been crystal clear since day one that the standalone Lr will only get new features like DeHaze with full releases (it'll be in Lr 7), whereas whose of us who pay a little more by subscribing to CC, get more, more quickly.