Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Putting a time limit on a quiz in Captivate 8

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

We have an exam that requires us to set a time limit.  There are ~80 questions on average.  The quiz is set to "Submit All" allowing for backward and forward movement.  What we would like to be able to do is put a timer on the quiz that would submit all questions when time is up.  Has anyone done something like this before?  Anyone that can point me in the right direction on how this may be accomplished?

Thanks

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate ships with a couple of Timer interactions that can jump your user to a given slide when the time is up, but none of these or any kind of Advanced Action can currently trigger the Submit All to take place.  Your user needs to do that.

I suggest you use on of these interactions to spit up a message that tells your learner their time is up and they now need to click Submit All immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you use a LMS? Most LMS's allow you to set a time limit, and to my experience that is much more to prefer to embedding it in Captivate.

Rod is talking about the Timer and the Hourglass interaction. Be careful: when time has elapsed, a warning will appear that will remain 3 secs before the actual jump to another slide occurs. I didn't test it with Submit All, I'm not sure it will do what you want: you could jump to a last question slide with the Submit All button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources