• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i completely erase/delete/uninstall any traces of flash ?

Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've had trouble installing flash player; it seems like forever, but it has only been < a year.  tried various version iterations. each installation has completely failed.  when it is "successful" it installs a process that consumes 50%+ of my cpu; it frequently freezes and locks my computer.  i avoided reading the enews because of those problems.  BOTTOM LINE:  i don't want flash player to remind me to update/install it again.  that means adobe has left something on my computer somewhere that will remind me periodically to install it.  I WANT TO UNINSTALL AND REMOVE ALL "DUST" OF FLASH FROM MY MACHINE.  i don't want that "thing" on my pc; i don't want adobe to analyze my drive to discover that i once had flash on my pc; i don't want adobe to remember that once i had flash on my computer.  (i have a similar problem with adobe reader which i still have installed and occasionally need and use (because i don't know what to replace it with.)  it too seems to freeze my pc, but eventually will load a document to the screen.  that takes 5+ minutes then works fine if i am just reading a document; it is more difficult or close to impossible if i am required to sign a document, or change/add information.  i usually avoid that by printing the document and ink in the information and send document via usps.

i have windows XP-SP3, 32b

i almost exclusively use firefox 40.0.2; internet explorer is on my pc but permanently deactivated to never start up automatically.  i think I.E. is 6.0.2, although it may be 6.2.xxx.  i have not activated internet explorer in months

i don't know what else to tell you, but i want any cookies or .... whatever .... that tells me, reminds me, recommends, suggests that i install flash player to be removed. this annoying behavior is not limited to adobe.  other software, usually security-type, e.g., norton, mcaffe, avast, lastpass, etc.  that ploy doesn't not convince me that they have the better product.  if i uninstall XP then reinstall it that solves the problem, but it is getting harder and harder to do that and get service pack 3; sometimes a restore to previous configuration is a better, easier procedure

please help me to rid my hd (UNINSTALL) of this little subterfuge

thnx,j

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines