Since the newest update to InDesign CC:
Every time I create a page from my master pages in several different docs, there is a lot of erratic behavior when unlocking and accessing elements on the new pages. For instance, I unlock a text box and type into it and when I deselect the box it shows the new text and another, inaccessible layer with the old dummy text from the locked master element. Also, if I manage to delete one of these elements on the page, not the master mind you, I find that it is deleted on the next new page as well.
Is this bug being tended to and it a fix on the way?
Thanks for the input, Steve. I tried replacing preferences with defaults, but it still didn't change.
I ended up doing a reinstall using the prescribed process and that also didn't clear up the problem.
Just to reiterate, it seems to be a problem with unlocking elements from new pages created from master. See attached photos of the problem. I have multiple templates that I do this with so it's not just a matter of one file being corrupt, it is consistent across all documents.
*Update: In making images to shed some light on this problem, I found something more unexpected. PDFs I generated display the elements as expected, but InDesign itself isn't rendering changes to the screen. See in the photos the differences on how Indesign renders to the screen versus what is published to PDF.