2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2006 7:35 PM by JamminJ

Where to put ASE files

JamminJ
      Once I download the ase files I can't quite figure out where to put them so that when I'm using Photoshop or Illustrator or any Adobe application they will show up as option for me to select from in the swatches palette. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
        • 1. Re: Where to put ASE files
          Lydia_Varmazis Level 1
          Please look at the "once downloaded" thread.

Lydia
          • 2. Re: Where to put ASE files
            JamminJ Level 1
            Thanks for the tip. It was helpful. By doing that I realized that I could store the .ase files in the same place Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, and Go Live currently store the swatches.

I have CS2, and this is where I found the current storage of swatches.

C Drive > Program Files > Adobe > Adobe Photoshop CS2 (or Illustrator, In Design, Go Live) > Presets > Color Swatches/Swatch Library/Swatches (depending on the app)

Then I tested each out in that particular application and they worked beautifully. The only thing that stinks is that you have to put the .ase file in each Swatch folder for each one of the applications so in my case that was 4 times. I guess you could keep them in one central place and then access them from all applications.