4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2015 9:24 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 10 photos too large for import

wolfgangl99077236

I would like to create a slideshow and many of my photos are apparently too large. Is there a trick? Work with Mac. Many thanks in advance. LG Andrea

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 10 photos too large for import
          A.T. Romano Level 7

LG Andrea

Are you being blocked by the Premiere Elements 10 Editor Mac project from importing these photos? Are you getting a "too large" message or are you just looking at the pixel dimensions of the photos and are making the judgment that the pixel dimensions of the originals are too large?

What are the pixel dimensions of the originals and how many of them are there?

What is the level of your computer resources?

Also, are you using a project preset which matches the pixel dimensions of the import, frame size and frame aspect ratio?

Please consider and give more details so that I can customize a reply for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 10 photos too large for import
            wolfgangl99077236 Level 1

Thank you a lot for your detailed answer.

I don't know if I am blocked from the program, because I don't know what you mean by "blocked". The error report is: width/height of the video ist too large.

The pixel dimensions of the originals are 5472x3648 pixel and it is about 500 photos.

I am working with a iMac Retina 5 k 27 '' from year 2014.

I don't know which project preset I should choose because I am a beginner with premiere elements.

Thank you for your help again.

Andrea

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 10 photos too large for import
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Andrea

Thanks for the reply and glad for the opportunity to clarify.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user. So, I speak from the Windows perspective. But, let us see if we can find common ground Windows Mac on this.

Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12, and 13 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 64 bit are 64 bit applications. If they are run in a 32 bit computer system, they are 32 bit applications. In the 64 bit application version, you can import images at least as large as 10000 x 7500 pixels and no error message. And, you can continue to do that until the computer resources say No More. In the 32 bit application situation, the project will not you to import any thing over a certain pixel count. You get the following type message

toolarge 2.JPG

Also see my comments in post 6 of the following

Re: JPG size limit in PE8??

Is your Mac considered 32 bit or 64 bit?

With Premiere Elements as 64 bit application on 64 bit system, the user can get away with a certain amount of letting the project do the resizing. And, in those instances where the project will allow you to import very large sized images, that does not mean that if you can you should.

If you are just using photos in your slideshow, then please consider the project preset (in New Project dialog)....for NTSC system

NTSC

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p30@29.97

and, if you resize your photos, target for 1920 x 1080 16:9. It has been found by many that the use of that project preset for a Timeline destined for DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc gives sharper images in the end product playback.

Please consider. Any question, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR