15 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2015 1:11 PM by Chetna Srivastava

Reduced functionality

robinbeaton

Lost Adobe License (Was: e) recently installed Windows 10 and when opening Lightroom get this message;

Reduced functionality. GO to help and purchase a membership or license number to reactivate When I put in the serial number for Lightroom 5 it does not activate my license. I uninstalled window 10 and the issue remains.

I have posted this issue for three weeks without response. Any help out there? Is there a 1- 800 number?

• 1. Re: Reduced functionality
          dj_paige Level 9

What version of Lightroom are you using?

• 2. Re: Reduced functionality
            Chetna Srivastava Adobe Employee

Hi robinbeaton,

Did you try to go to Help and choose sign in to activate your license?

What message do you receive when you choose to enter your serial key?

Could you please post a screenshot of the message so that we can assist you better.

Regards,

Chetna

• 3. Re: Reduced functionality
              robinbeaton Level 1

Thank you for your quick response, Chetna.

As of yesterday, Help is no longer active in my Lightroom program. The

other day I could get to the activate your license page but it said it was

an invalid number. I tried many times. Here is the serial number I have for

my Lightroom 5, purchased Nov. 3, 2014. #

Thanks,

Robin

Robin

On 11 September 2015 at 10:07, Chetna Srivastava <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Edited by Moderator : removed serial key  [Edited by Chetna]

• 4. Re: Reduced functionality

Robin,

Would suggest you not to mention the serial key on the public post.

You need to follow the below steps :

1. Quit Lightroom

2. Go to location : C:\Program Files(x86)\Common files\Adobe\ and rename SLCache to SLCache-old

3. Press windows and r keys to open run window and type in %programdata%

4. Open Adobe folder within it and rename SLStore to SLStore-old

5. Right click on Lightroom 5 icon and choose run as administrator

It will prompt you to sign in and enter your serial key

Go ahead and enter your serial key and if you receive any error or message, post a screenshot here.

• 5. Re: Reduced functionality
                  robinbeaton Level 1

I will try that. I realize my error in including my serial #. I didn't

realize we were communicating through the forum. Can you please remove that

post?

Thanks,

Robin

On 11 September 2015 at 10:36, Chetna Srivastava <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 6. Re: Reduced functionality

I have removed your serial key from that post.

You can try those steps and let us know the outcome for further assistance, if required.

You can go for chat support as well if you want to: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

• 7. Re: Reduced functionality
                      robinbeaton Level 1

When I type in C:\Program Files(x86)\Common files\Adobe\

I get the message Windows cannot find. Check spelling and try again.

Robin

• 8. Re: Reduced functionality

You do not have to type in C:\Program Files(x86)\Common files\Adobe\ anywhere

Open file Explorer and open C:\ Drive and then open Program Files(x86) > Common files > Adobe and rename SLCache folder

• 9. Re: Reduced functionality
                          robinbeaton Level 1

Yes, okay. I did follow through to click on Lightroom 5 and run as

administrator. The window to sign in to Adobe comes up and when I click on

sign in a window for Lightroom Trial comes up. I have tried to accept the

trial and carry on but the results in Lightroom remain the same...reduced

functionality.

I restarted my computer. I signed out and signed in again to

Adobe/Lightroom and in the help window, which now appears, I chose Manage

my account but there is no response. I am unable to get to the license this

software window. The only license window that comes up is the Lightroom

trial and it will not accept my serial number.

Robin

On 11 September 2015 at 10:50, Chetna Srivastava <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 10. Re: Reduced functionality
                            dj_paige Level 9

It sounds like the version of your serial number and your version of Lightroom don't match.

What version of Lightroom did you install? What is the name of the installer file?

• 11. Re: Reduced functionality

go to help menu > System info and share the details here

• 12. Re: Reduced functionality
                                robinbeaton Level 1

System info

Lightroom version: CC 2015.0.1

License: Expired Trial

Operating system: Windows 8.1 Home Premium Edition

Version: 6.3

Application architecture: x64

System architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 4

Processor speed: 2.4 GHz

Built-in memory: 8124.0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 8124.0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 340.6 MB (4.1%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 298.1 MB

Memory cache size: 26.4 MB

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 2

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

System DPI setting: 120 DPI

Desktop composition enabled: Yes

Displays: 1) 1920x1080

Input types: Multitouch: Yes, Integrated touch: Yes, Integrated pen: No,

External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:

Check OpenGL support: Failed

Vendor: Intel

Version: 3.3.0 - Build 10.18.10.3304

Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

LanguageVersion: 3.30 - Build 10.18.10.3304

Application folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom

Library Path: C:\Users\user\Pictures\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog.lrcat

Settings Folder: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:

1) Behance

2) Canon Tether Plugin

3) Facebook

4) Flickr

5) Leica Tether Plugin

6) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Updated Toolkit: Adobe Camera Raw 9.0 for Lightroom 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Book Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Develop Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Import Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Library Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Map Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Monitor Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Print Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Slideshow Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: Web Module 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.AgNetClient 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.AgWFBridge 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.Headlights 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.LibraryToolkit 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.MultiMonitorToolkit 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.archiving_toolkit 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.bridgetalk 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.catalogconverters 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.cef_toolkit 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.coretech_toolkit 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.curculio 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.discburning 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.email 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.export 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.ftpclient 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.help 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.iac 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.imageanalysis 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.layout_module_shared 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.pdf_toolkit 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.sdk 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.sec 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.socket 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.store_provider 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.substrate 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.ui 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.video_toolkit 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.ag.xml 6.0 (build 1014445)

Updated Toolkit: com.adobe.wichitafoundation 6.0 (build 1014445)

Adapter #1: Vendor : 8086

Device : 416

Subsystem : 1962103c

Revision : 6

Video Memory : 0

Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414

Device : 8c

Subsystem : 0

Revision : 0

Video Memory : 0

AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

AudioDeviceName: Speakers / HP (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)

AudioDeviceNumberOfChannels: 2

AudioDeviceSampleRate: 44100

Build: Uninitialized

Direct2DEnabled: false

GPUDevice: not available

OGLEnabled: true

Robin

• 13. Re: Reduced functionality

your system info says you are using Lightroom CC2015 and not Lightroom 5 and that's the reason your serial key is not working.

You need to look for Lightroom 5 on your machine.

If it is not installed, you can download it from here :

Download Photoshop Lightroom

• 14. Re: Reduced functionality
                                    robinbeaton Level 1

Thank you! It is back up and running smoothly.

Most appreciated,

Robin

On 11 September 2015 at 11:39, Chetna Srivastava <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 15. Re: Reduced functionality

Glad to know.