7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2016 9:50 AM by Robert Walker 1

Loupe View Not Working

Amys182

I have Lightroom 5 (version 5.7.1) on a Mac. Its' a new computer and I just downloaded Lightroom so it hasn't been used yet. I'm trying to import photos from my digital camera and before selecting which ones to choose, I'm trying to look at the images with the Loupe view button. When I click this button, I see a super small image, it's not showing up large and clear and I'm not sure why this is happening. I shoot in raw on my camera and have never had issues importing photos into Lightroom or viewing my photos by clicking on Loupe view on other computers.

I've attached two screenshots so you can view what's happening. I can't move forward with photo editing because I can't actually see my photo enlarged. Please help!!

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 9.01.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 9.01.44 PM.png

• 1. Re: Loupe View Not Working
          rpandita Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi amys182,

Can you please try and make changes with the zoom option at the bottom and share the results that you get.

Regards

Rohit

• 2. Re: Loupe View Not Working
            Amys182 Level 1

When I use the zoom button, the picture is just all pixelated and unclear. It never comes out looking normal so I still can't really view the picture with the zoom button either. Let me know if you need a screenshot.Thanks!

• 3. Re: Loupe View Not Working

Hi amys182,

You need to copy images on desktop and then import that folder into LR, as it seems that the previews being generated are not being read properly from the camera.

Regards

Rohit

• 4. Re: Loupe View Not Working
                Amys182 Level 1

Is there anything else that can be done about this? Or on the camera end? One of the reasons I use Lightroom is to be able to import photos directly from my camera and keep only the images I like versus downloading hundreds of photos onto my computer and then trying to sort through them manually and reloading them back into Lightroom. I was hoping to skip a step there. That was one of the main benefits of Lightroom for me

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Loupe View Not Working

Hi amys182,

Try importing files from camera card directly, using a card reader.

Regards

Rohit

• 6. Re: Loupe View Not Working
                    Bob Somrak Level 5

Import from camera has been an on again/off again proposition since Lightroom 2 (earliest version I used).  It has been working pretty good for me in Lr 5 but Lr6 seems to have problems again.  Using the operating system or Image Capture in my Mac or a couple other program work flawlessly so you would think Adobe would finally get it right after 6 major versions and dozens of dot versions.  Adobe should hire one of their programmers and  get import right for a change.   I have had small Loupe view problems, a portion of the photos saying no preview available and other things.  If I close the IMPORT dialog and reopen the IMPORT dialog sometimes it gets itself straightened out.  A card reader works better most of the time but for direct camera connection I just use Image Capture and import the photos I want to the hard drive and then import as it has never let me down

• 7. Re: Loupe View Not Working
                      Robert Walker 1

I have exactly the same problem with this issue and it was not resolved by using a card reader as suggested in some of the replies. Did you manage to resolve it?

Robert