6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2007 9:08 AM by stockholmsyndrome2006

THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT

wewfwefq2
      There is no community to answer questions, only a few newbies just willing to answer the most elementary questions to other newbies that are too lazy to rtfm.

It's a pity for such an interesting product...
        • 1. Re: THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT
          Level 7
          Instead of complaining about it, why don't you become part of the solution?

Contribute just doesn't have a wide user base out there. Also, the forums
          probably aren't well publicized in the Contribute documentation.

Remember, these forums, typically don't have Adobe employees monitoring
          them. It's just us, fellow users, who do take the time to try and answer a
          question.

If you aren't happy with that, then you can contact Adobe directly with your
          issues.

"wewfwefq2" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:el1eaq$bcj$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > There is no community to answer questions, just a few newbies just willing
          > to
          > answer the most elementary questions to other newbies that are too lazy to
          > rtfm.
          >
          > It's a pity for such an interesting product...
          >

• 2. Re: THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT
            wewfwefq2 Level 1
            quote:

Instead of complaining about it, why don't you become part of the solution?

http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Acliche

quote:

Contribute just doesn't have a wide user base out there. Also, the forums probably aren't well publicized in the Contribute documentation.

That is a problem of Adobe and not mine.

quote:

Remember, these forums, typically don't have Adobe employees monitoring them.

They should because they simply haven't reached critical mass yet or never will without a push from their creator.

quote:

If you aren't happy with that, then you can contact Adobe directly with your issues.

What do you think I'm doing with this post? Isn't it obvious? No offense but the question is what are u doing with your post?
            • 3. Re: THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT
              Level 7
              Trying to show you that there's more to life than complaining... but it
              obviously went past you... good luck...

"wewfwefq2" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message > the question
              is what are u doing with your post?
              >
              >

• 4. Re: THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT
                Level 7
                On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 15:19:54 +0000 (UTC), "wewfwefq2"
                <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote:

>There is no community to answer questions, just a few newbies just willing to
                >answer the most elementary questions to other newbies that are too lazy to rtfm.
                >
                > It's a pity for such an interesting product...

Correct, this group is apparently frequented mostly by CT end-users.
                You might want to ask in the DW group and I would leave your sarcasm
                at the door.
                • 5. Re: THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT
                  Level 1
                  We are starting to have more and more serious firewall issues with out clients. I had another one today. Their firewalls are preventing Contribute 4 from accessing their website ... and they are having to do all their updating at home. I would like to know who to ask about this problem, other than the people in this group. How do we contact Adobe about these serious issues? I'm not angry, I'm just frustrated.

Do I have to pay a fee to get this kind of information? Shouldn't there be a tech note about firewalls and Contribute?
                  • 6. Re: THIS FORUM WAS A DISAPPOINTMENT
                    stockholmsyndrome2006 Level 1
                    Since you posted twice, here's my post to you.

Make sure you've read the Tech note for users behind Cisco firewalls - if it applies to your case http://www.adobe.com/go/fc1a435a. You need to pick which version of the file - either for mac or pc machines and then replace the NetioFTP.dll file in the contribute program folder.

Also if you can try asking your network admins to create a port for you to FTP through, instead of using the default port 21. You can configure in Contribute to use a port either than that one. Make sure that your clients aren't running a software firewall in addition, like zonealarm that is intentionally blocking FTP traffic.

Make sure you've read this tech note for http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400144
                    When I set my FTP settings from the default of "let contribute automatically detect FTP settings" and instead "Choose FTP settings manually". Also click for "Use Passive FTP" -+ "Use FTP performance optimizer and Use alternative publish method".

Other troubleshooting tips:
                    http://www.adobe.com/go/kb400144
                    FTP Server Checker (TechNote 19012).

Hope this helps