1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 3:08 AM by Abhishamster

How can I save a copy of a form/document under a different filename with ipad?

brennang90831446

I am using a pdf form that was created with Acrobat DC on a PC that I would like to be a 'master form'

I fill the form from acrobat ipad mobile and send it to myself. (Customer1)

When I view the file the information is correct.

I then try to edit the form a second time save and send to myself. (Customer2)

I view the second file and the information is correct however when I view the first file the first file information is overwritten by the second. I assume this is because the file I am editing is the same file.

Is there a way while using Acrobat mobile on ipad to 'save as' which would change the current filename so the master pdf is not overwritten?

• 1. Re: How can I save a copy of a form/document under a different filename with ipad?
          Abhishamster Level 4

Hi,

As of now there is no 'Save As' button in Acrobat Reader for iPad. What I can suggest you is to duplicate the file before making changes to the form on iPad.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

Open Acrobat Reader on your iPad.

At the top center select storage open to 'Local' (PDF should be stored locally on the iPad not Cloud Storage)

After selecting 'Local' you will see the list of files.

On the top right there will be an Checkmark circular icon. Click on it.

Then you will see a circular icon on the left of each file in the list.

Select the file which you would like to duplicate and then click on Copy icon (3rd from the right) at the bottom of the display.

Here you will get 2 options Duplicate and Move and click on Duplicate.

This will create another file with number as a suffix.

For example you would like to duplicate a file with Test.pdf so with this option it will create another file with name Test (1).pdf

Let me know if this works for you.