3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2015 1:44 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 Asking for Disk at Startup

PLCMAN

Every time I start Premier Elements at startup it is asking for a disk. The error message indicates There is NO disk in drive. Please insert a disk into drive E.  I purchased the Update to Premier Elements and Photoshop 13 and received the files electronically. If I click the close button on the window numerous times the error message will eventually go away.

How do I resolve this issue?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Asking for Disk at Startup
          A.T. Romano Level 7

PLCMAN

What computer operating system is involved?

This is a known issue with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 and No Disc error. The Adobe solution is deleting or disabling the file named OldFilm.AEX.

In Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit, the file is found

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 13

Plug-ins

Common

NewBlue

and in the NewBlue Folder is the OldFilm.AEX file that you delete or disable by renaming it to OldFilm.AEXOLD.

Please review and consider, and then let us know if that worked for you as it has for many others.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Asking for Disk at Startup
            PLCMAN Level 1

Thank you for such a quick and accurate response !!!!! The solution worked and I am now able to open the application without any errors being reported. I am running Microsoft Windows 10 on a Dell XPS8500 computer.

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 Asking for Disk at Startup
              A.T. Romano Level 7

PLCMAN

Thanks for the follow up with the great news that the suggested solution got rid of the No Disk error in your 13/13.1. You did well in sorting through the troubleshooting to gain your success.

Please do not hesitate to ask you have questions or need clarification on your Premiere Elements workflows.

Best wishes

ATR