9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2015 4:14 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos

AeroGames

Hello, I use Adobe Premiere Elements 13 and I am having a problem exporting AVCHD videos to my computer. It exports completely fine on on MPEG. When ever I try to export any video as a AVCHD file I get a message that says "Error compiling movie. Disk Full.". The storage on my PC drive is 484 GB used out of 676 GB. I did different videos to see if it's specifically a problem of one video and Adobe Premiere gave me the same message for all of them. On some of them they had effects and others were just a plain video. I also tried to export on many presets on MPEG, and all I get is audio from the video. Does someone know what I can do to solve these problems? Thank you!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

We have been through a lot on the AVCHD exports triggering the Disc Full message. I just noticed that is still unanswered as of the last post September 5, 2015 in that particular thread

Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Error compiling movie Disk full.

You seem to be avoiding the Disc Full message with the MPEG exports, but now you have an export file with audio but no video playing back.

this problem may be quicker to resolve. Let us see.

Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer? Have we gone over that before? Please install QuickTime 7.7.6 if you do not have QuickTime installed. Microsoft has had a problem with Windows 10 and the QuickTime latest version of 7.7.8.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

Again, be sure to be running the program from a user account with administrative privileges. Also, right click the desktop icon for the program, select and apply Run as Administrator. Please disregard if we have been over that before.

Are you still working on Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 10 64 bit? What are you using as the player when you write that your export has audio but no video....Windows Media Player or other? Please download and install the free VLC player, and then tell us if your Premiere Elements MPEG2.mpg video plays back video and audio with that player.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

I lost track of your other thread since September 5th, so I will go back and dig into that some more from the AVCHD export Disc Full angle.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
            AeroGames Level 1

I just installed QuickTime 7.7.6 and ran it with administrator. I don't know how to see if my computer is 32 or 64 bit, but on my control panel most of my programs say 32 bit version. I also downloaded VLC player and the video plays back perfectly on VLC player.

Thank you!

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
              A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Thanks for the good news that the VLC player is playing your MPEG2.mpg video. Great job on follow through.

The Microsoft Windows Media Player MPEG2.mpg playback issue existed in Windows 8 and 8.1, so it seems no change in Windows 10.

The VLC player as a substitute player for MPEG2.mpg and other files has worked well for many if not all.

Did you noticed any change in the Disk Full message associated with AVCHD export to file after you installed QuickTime 7.7.6 on your Windows 10?

Have we gone over your computer resources on Windows 10 in trying to get at the Disc Full problem associated with the AVCHD export to file?

In Windows 10, see if you can find more computer information....

(1) On the computer keyboard, hit the Windows Key + X to bring up a pop up on the bottom left of the screen. Select System in the list in the pop up menu.

(2) Under System

a. What is given under the Windows Edition Section

b. What is given under the System Section for

Processor

Installed Memory (RAM)

System Type

Pan and Touch

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
                AeroGames Level 1

The disk full message is the same with AVCHD. I have tried all the presets with AVCHD and I got the same message.

Under the Windows Edition Section it says:

Windows 10 Home

@ 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Under the System Section it says:

Processor- Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.50GHz

Installed memory (RAM)- 4.00GB (3.89 GB usable)

System Touch- 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch- No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Thanks for the information on your computer environment. Looks good. That i3 should represent a dual core processor.

Have you considered increasing the installed RAM from 4.00 to 8.00 GB? This should give you a performance advantage generally and AVCHD specifically.

Does the motherboard of your computer support and have enough slots for the addition of RAM module (s) to give you total installed RAM of at least 8.0 GB?

ATR

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
                    AeroGames Level 1

I do not know if my motherboard can allow that.

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

Do you have a computer shop with which you deal who could advise you (without charge) on addition of RAM module or modules. It might be worthwhile to go from 4 to 8 GB installed RAM.

Yet, that message seems to be pointing us to hard drive space.

ATR

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
                        AeroGames Level 1

I do not know if I have a computer shop that will offer me that around here, but I'll check.

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements. Error compiling Disk full. Audio only videos
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

AeroGames

There are online places that give free evaluations of your computer memory situation. These places typically sell RAM, but often there is no obligation to buy from them after you get an opinion on your RAM status and needs specific for your computer.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR