• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with CFFILE

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2006 Dec 01, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the following error when I upload a file that is 8 megs using cfile:

The request has exceeded the allowable time limit Tag: cffile

I was able to upload the same file with asp and asp.net with no problems. It seemed like it was hanging in CF for a couple minutes. The funny things is, it does not happen in our lab enviroments and it only takes a few seconds to upload.

Any suggestions.

John

TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2006 Dec 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have access to the Coldfusion Administrator, it might help to increase the timeout value in the Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2006 Dec 04, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would. But it takes an extremely long time for the request and I think it is being block some other way. When I do the same request with the same file and our lab server it only takes a few seconds. When I do the same request in asp and asp.net on that server it only takes a few seconds too. It seems like something is block the file from being upload

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could we see the code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is the Snippet of code.

It never makes it past this first line. It almost seems like something on IIS5. I creates the file,but stops at 1048 kb. But this is weird, when the error message appears, the file becomes 7.8m. The entire file is 8megs

<CFFILE ACTION="Upload"
FILEFIELD=#Attributes.SourceField# DESTINATION="#TargetFile#.tmp"
NAMECONFLICT="MAKEUNIQUE" ATTRIBUTES="Temporary">
<CFSET FileName = CFFile.ClientFile>
<CFSET FileSize = CFFile.FileSize>

<!--- DETERMINE MIME TYPE --->
<CF_MIME EXTENSION=#File.ClientFileExt# TYPE=#File.ContentType# SUBTYPE=#File.ContentSubType#>

<!--- MOVE IT TO CORRECT LOCATION (REPLACING OLD VERSION, IF NECESSARY) --->
<CFFILE ACTION="Rename" SOURCE="#TargetFile#.tmp" DESTINATION="#TargetFile#" ATTRIBUTES="Normal">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2006 Dec 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You must state, that is, hard-code, the name of the form field used to select the upload file. #Attributes.SourceField# is no good, as you may not use pound(#) signs.

The Destination attribute should be the path to a directory. You seem to use the path to a file in the upload-action. Also, is there an attributes option called "temporary"? I'm aware of just "readOnly", "hidden" and "normal".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation