10 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 6:08 PM by deepakg1988

Lightroom crash

pel1693 Level 1

My computer is running Windows 10 and I installed Lightroom 2015 via CC. After starting up Lightroom I want to change the preferences. Whenever I select this option Lightroom crashes with the message that Adobe Ligtroom stopped working. Is this a known problem and does anyone know how to solve this??

• 1. Re: Lightroom crash
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi ,

Please go to the Device Manager of Windows, from there expand Display Adapters.

Disable the graphic card and then open Lightroom , go to the preferences of Lightroom , then the Performance tab and uncheck the option for " Use Graphics Processor " .

Close Lightroom and go back to the Device Manager and enable the Display Adapter.

Open Lightroom and then work in Lightroom and check if it works fine.

Regards,

Tanuj Sandal

• 2. Re: Lightroom crash
            Keith_Reeder Level 4

Tanuj Sandal wrote:

open Lightroom , go to the preferences of Lightroom , then the Performance tab and uncheck the option for " Use Graphics Processor " .

He can't do that, Tanuj - it crashes when he tries.

Pel, follow "2" here:

My Lightroom 6 freeze when changing from developing tab to library tab

• 3. Re: Lightroom crash
              pel1693 Level 1

Hi, thanks for the help. I disabled the display adapter and started Lightroom. I was able to change the preferences such as disable the graphic processor use. But after enabling the display adapter the behavior of Lightroom was the same as before (Crash when selecting preferences). Do you advice to disable the display adapter permanently?

• 4. Re: Lightroom crash
                Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

I would suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers to the latest version, and if it does not work, you may disable it.

• 5. Re: Lightroom crash
                  pel1693 Level 1

Thanks Keith, following solution 2 I found the the value useAutoBahn = false was already set. The crash remains. Other suggestions?

• 6. Re: Lightroom crash
                    deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi pel1693,

Can you post the crash report here.

Below are the instructions to find the crash report

1. Click Windows Start button > Type event in Search programs and files field.
                    2. Select Event Viewer

3. Navigate to Windows Logs > Application, and then find the latestevent with “Error” in the Level column and “Application Error” in the Source column

4. Copy the text on the General tab.
                    5. Paste the report here

Thanks

• 7. Re: Lightroom crash
                      pel1693 Level 1

Hi, I updated (downgrade) the device drivers for the integrated intel display adapter and now I can select the preferences. However if I want to display the systeminfo the program crashes again.

Below the error report: "

Naam van toepassing met fout: lightroom.exe, versie: 6.1.1.10, tijdstempel: 0x55aed83a

Naam van module met fout: ig7icd64.dll, versie: 10.18.10.4242, tijdstempel: 0x5580f2bc

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc0000005

Foutmarge: 0x000000000003ee34

Id van proces met fout: 0x1624

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d0ee7034b80d0c

Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\lightroom.exe

Pad naar module met fout: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ig7icd64.dll

Rapport-id: bfacfa06-0acd-4994-80f4-76d46e7e28ed

Volledige pakketnaam met fout:

Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: ".

Sorry for the language, my system uses the dutch version of windows 10.

• 8. Re: Lightroom crash

Go to this location C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ig7icd64.dll

And rename ig7icd64.dll to ig7icd64old.dll

but this will be a temporary fix, will recommend you to update the graphics driver.

1 person found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Lightroom crash
                          pel1693 Level 1

Hi, i updated the driver to the recently released version from intel, for the 3rd generation graphic adapter. I have a b1900 processor. But the lightroom crash remains, also with gpu disabled.

• 10. Re: Lightroom crash

can you again paste the crash here after you have updated the driver