3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2015 5:57 PM by A.T. Romano

blank space at end of MP4 video

thomasdanielnehrer Level 1

When I generate an AVCHD MP4 file, there is a long stretch of blank space after the end of my content.  Why is this?

• 1. Re: blank space at end of MP4 video
          A.T. Romano Level 7

thomasdanielneh

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

For now, I will assume Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit.

You probably have leftovers beyond the end of the Timeline content.

Open the project to the Expert workspace

a. Expand the Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline. Make sure that all the video and audio tracks are in the opened configuration.

b. Hit the computer keyboard End key to take the Timeline Indicator to the fault end of the Timeline content. There you should find leftover.

The leftover could be a whole clip that got pushed to the side and forgotten about. Or, it could be a fragment of a deleted clip. These fragments can look like a very thin black vertical line scattered about the tracks. Delete the leftovers that you find where the Timeline Indicator stopped when you hit the End key.

c. Hit the End key again and make sure that this time it stops at the end of the real Timeline content.

d. If it does not, repeat the Seek/Find with the End key, until the Timeline Indicator stops at the end of the real Timeline.

Please review, consider, and then let us know the outcome. If any questions on the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: blank space at end of MP4 video
            thomasdanielnehrer Level 1

Hi, ATR...

Yes, I'm using Premiere 13.1 in Windows 10.  This is the first AVCHD file I've generated for the purpose of uploading to YouTube.  GREAT PACKAGE!

Yes, too, you were right.  There was a skinny little clip way out in the orbit of Pluto.  I eliminated it and am regenerating my MP4.  That should do the trick.  Many thanks -- I should have thought of that, but didn't know the END key would take the timeline indicator out to the end.

I'm good to go...

-- Tom

• 3. Re: blank space at end of MP4 video
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Tom

Thanks for the great news that problem solved. Well done with your follow through.

Please let us know if you have any further Premiere Elements workflow questions moving forward.

Best wishes

ATR