9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 9:57 AM by JWo3052

Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes

JWo3052

Hi,

ist my first try with Premiere Elements, but not my first Video. Until now I used Pinnacle.

The Problem:

- Installation went smoothly

- A first short testvideo with with 2 Clips, Music, 1 Picture and the DVD menu was successfully put together

- Burning to Disc (DVD + R, 16x) starts with the compilation, finishes compilation, but fails when the burning process starts.

- Immediately after Premiere crashes and is closed.

- By the way: There is no iso-file saved as promised by the Programm.

- Buring to file produces no "Video_ts", but this time Premiere does not Crash.

The screenshots are attched.

Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (4).png Screenshot (5).png  Screenshot (6).png

The System:

-Intel Core i5-4460 (quad)

-Win 10 64bit

-nvidia Geforce gtx745

-hp DVD dh16 afsh

-all drivers are up to date

Has anybody an idea how to solve this Problem?

Thank you in advance!

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jwo3052

The first factor to get ruled in or out....

Go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and find the preference

"Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)"

and remove the check mark next to it.

Then do your burn to Folder (4.7 GB)? Does that go to a successful completion, and can you find the saved folder with the OpenDVD Folder and VIDEO_TS Folder inside the saved folder?

If you can, then do the burn to DVD disc with preset PAL_Widescreen_DVD Dolby.

If that does not work, then we need to talk about how you are unlinking video and audio and using the separated components. Ignore if the preference is the solution.

Please consider. Any questions about the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
            JWo3052 Level 1

Hi ATR,

thank you for your fast resonse!

I removed the Hardware acceleration and tried:

- Burn to Folder: Successfull, but I do not understand what was generated and written to the Folder. The Content is shown in the screenshot

Screenshot (11).png

I expected a Folder "Video_ts" with .vob, .ifo, .bup files. Is it necessary to convert this with another program in order to get a file to be burned?

- Burn to iso (4.7G): Reported to be successfull, but nothing in the Folder.

-Burn to Disc: Still not successfull but this time the program did not Crash.

Does that make any sense to you?

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
              A.T. Romano Level 7

JWo3052

Thank you for the reply. You are looking in the wrong place for your saved folder from the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 Publish+Share/Disc/DVD with the burn to = Folder (4.7 GB). What did you designated for the Save In field in the burn dialog before you hit the Burn button.

From the screenshot, you are in the Encoded Files Folder which typically is where the program automatically sends its temporarily disc encoding files.

Please look in the Save In field of the burn dialog to see where you saved the Folder (4.7 GB).

Please try again. This time, before you hit the Burn button, give the saved folder a unique name in the Name Field of the burn dialog.

We will be watching for your progress as your time permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
                A.T. Romano Level 7

JWo3052

Add On to post 3....

I think that you have succeeded and have just lost sight of where you saved the folder.

If it more than that, then please in your next post also include where you have the Premiere Elements Scratch Disks directed and how much free hard drive space is at those locations. Please refer to Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
                  JWo3052 Level 1

Hi ATR,

I am afraid there is a severe Problem hidden. I defined all working Folders and of Course set the Folder to save the DVD-compilation in the Dialoge for burning to Folder( 4,7G). Compilation run smoothly, writing to Folder went until 33%, stopped at that Point and then showed that the process was successfully finished. BUT: the Folder is empty! Searching the whole PC for files with Suffix .vob or .iso showed no result. there is simply no such file saved anywhere.

On the other Hand the production of a mp4 Video was successfull, so I suspect no Problem with graphic card or Rendering or the like.

Now I am somewhat at the loss what to look for to get this damned program running....

I will contact the Support as well but apparently my Problem is not known until now.

If you have any clue, let me know. Thank you anyhow!

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

JWo3052

Please clarify

Compilation run smoothly, writing to Folder went until 33%, stopped at that Point and then showed that the process was successfully finished

At what stage of the burn to were you at when you saw the 33%?

Adobe Communities

Are you clear now on the Save In location for the Publish+Share/Disc/DVD burn to Folder (4.7 GB)? Please be sure to put in a distinctive name in the Name field of the burn dialog before the burn to Folder (4.7 GB).

Are you confirming that you have already disabled the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher)" and enabled disabled it makes no difference to the problem? That is the typical solution in most of these Premiere Elements 13/13.1 burn to issues.

Have we proven that this burn to problem exists in new as well as existing projects?

On your Windows 10, go to Documents\Adobe\Premiere Elements\13.0 and delete the whole Encoded Files Folder that you find there.

Open the problem project again, and try the burn to Folder (4.7 GB). In the burn dialog of the program, set the Save In for the Folder (4.7 GB) to the computer desktop.

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
                      JWo3052 Level 1

Hi ATR,

thank you, I will try to answer your questions:

- Stage of burn: Premiere indicated "writing to Folder" after completing the "media Codein" and "media compiling". At 33% the process halted and then showed "finished".

- I set the namefield to " C:/users/johann/video/Premiere_work/film. All Workspace is defined also in the menu under the Folder ".../Video/premiere_work/...."

- Hardware acceleration is disabled (checked twice)

- I have only one first testproject, consisting of: 2 mp4-clips, mp3 Audio track, 1 jpg-Image, disc-menu. Length in total few minutes. But i will try to make a new one to make sure.

- Deleted the Folder "Encoded files" then  tried to burn to Folder "Desktop". The Outcome is the same: no file or Folder on the Desktop! The process runs as described in my first line of answer.

Additionally I de-installed Nero to avoid any conflicts with Access to the burner (I remember this was an issue years ago with Pinnacle and win XP). I also disabled the antivirus "Norton". No positive effect.

Do you think a new installtion of Premiere could help?

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

JWo3052

Thanks for the update.

Please finish all the testing that you now have in process. If none of those tests give positive results, then please do the uninstall/reinstall according to the following

1. Uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way.

2. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts)

CCleaner - Download

3. Reinstall the program with the antivirus and firewalls disabled.

After the reinstall

a. Be sure to be working with QuickTime 7.7.6 QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

7.7.8 (latest version) is supposed to have a problem with Windows 10 64 bit.

b. Be sure to disable the "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" preference found Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 13: Burning to disc fails, Program crashes
                          JWo3052 Level 1

Hi ATR,

I was not at home for a few days, so I could not further investigate. But now I think I have searched in the wrong direction. It seems not to be a incompatibility with Win10 or any settings there.

With a new testproject I was successfull in buring to file and both burning to Disc (both DVD PAL widescreen). I am afraid the Project Settings for my very first try were incompatible with DVD-PAL. Actually I dont know what these Project Settings were, most likely the default wich is NTSC! The really misleading behavior of Premiere was, that it pretended to successfully  burn to Folder but did not write any file. With Disc it simply halted and signalled "not possible".

With several new short test Projects consisting a mix of mp4-clips and PAL Standard Resolution I used as Project settings: AVCHD 720p50 or PAL HD1080i and  it was possible to create both Disc and Vidio_TS on the selcted Folder. In all cases the HW Accelerate was disabled.

What Project Settings would you recommend for a Project that shall be produced as PAL-DVD, mp4-file or file to be published in the web? I assume HD Resolution on DVD is only possible with Blue-Ray, DVD is limited to PAL Standard, wright?

I thank you very much for your fast, friendly and professional Support!  If I find out more I let you know, perhaps some new user can profit from the case.

Best regards!