2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 13, 2015 5:56 PM by dj_paige

Need Lightroom help

sartora1

Hi, everyone -

I'm using Lightroom 5 at work, and I imported some TIFF files to edit.. After working on them, I exported them to a new folder. My boss and I then moved the new TIFFs into the old folder, overwriting the old TIFF files, and now Lightroom shows them all out of whack, and has an exclamation point in the top righthand corner of all the image previews on the film strip. Any idea what is causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

• 1. Re: Need Lightroom help
          deepakg1988 Adobe Employee

Hi sartora1,

May i know did you moved the exported tiff or the tiff images that you imported inside the lightroom. It seems like the original images were moved to a different location from the location they were imported in lightroom.

Check this document for how to re-link the images back into the Lightroom

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Locate missing photos

Thanks

• 2. Re: Need Lightroom help
            dj_paige Level 9

sartora1 wrote:

Hi, everyone -

I'm using Lightroom 5 at work, and I imported some TIFF files to edit.. After working on them, I exported them to a new folder. My boss and I then moved the new TIFFs into the old folder, overwriting the old TIFF files, and now Lightroom shows them all out of whack, and has an exclamation point in the top righthand corner of all the image previews on the film strip. Any idea what is causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

This is exactly what will happen if you overwrite the originals. Lightroom applies the edits to the edited version, essentially applying the edits twice to your photos. Don't overwrite your photos.

If you really want the edits, in this case only, just use your operating system to move the TIF files out of the original directory, back to where you exported them to. use some other program (not Lightroom) to view your edits. In Lightroom, the file will be indicated as missing, you should probably just delete it inside of Lightroom, there's no way to recover from this error unless you have a backup of the unedit TIF.