4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 2:05 PM by A.T. Romano

How do I save a video other than .prel?

susiem94476631

How can I save my video in Premiere Elements 13 other than .prel?  HELP PLEASE :-)

• 1. Re: How do I save a video other than .prel?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

.prel is your project file... use the publish/share process

The Elements Tutorial Links Page http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1275830 will help you learn about the publish/share process

-link above has the direct Amazon link to buy Steve Grisetti's book on Premiere Elements

• 2. Re: How do I save a video other than .prel?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

susiem

On what computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 13 running? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

Please post details of the source media for the project, the project settings, and what your intended export is. And, then we will customize a reply with those details (step by step if necessary).

If you are not sure of project settings, then just tell us the properties of what you want to import into the project and how you want to export it - either to a movie file saved to the computer hard drive or burn to disc (DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc, AVCHD on DVD disc, or Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc).

Try to give as much detail as possible about your source file and whether you want the export to be as close as possible to the import in properties.

A quick way of getting at source video properties is to tell us the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video. Please name any other type of import that would be involved - like photos (how many, pixel dimensions).

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: How do I save a video other than .prel?
              susiem94476631 Level 1

Go it.  Thanks anyway.  When all else fails..........read the manual

• 4. Re: How do I save a video other than .prel?
                A.T. Romano Level 7

susiem

Thanks for the follow up. Great news "Got it". Great job.

But, never hesitate to ask questions or ask for clarification here on your Premiere Elements workflows. We are glad for the opportunity to customize the details for you.

Best wishes

ATR