3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 5:15 AM by Chad Chelius

Editing Page Hyperlinks

olliem65314744

I've made page hyperlinks, which work, but now need to style them but they dont appear in the hyperlinks panel for me to select and apply styles... can anyone help me?

• 1. Re: Editing Page Hyperlinks
          Chad Chelius Adobe Community Professional

If you created hyperlinks in InDesign using the Hyperlinks panel, they should appear as entries within the Hyperlinks panel. If you created a link by selecting an object (including a separate text frame), then you will not be able to automatically apply a style to any of the text. If however you create a hyperlink by selecting an area of text using the Type tool, then you can apply a character style to the text in the Edit Hyperlink dialog box during creation.

• 2. Re: Editing Page Hyperlinks
            Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What version of InDesign are you using? If you have InDesign CC versions, you have the ability to apply a character style to the hyperlink.

Probably in InDesign CS6 or earlier, you would have to apply a character style before creating the hyperlink from text.

• 3. Re: Editing Page Hyperlinks
              Chad Chelius Adobe Community Professional

Hi Steve,

I don't think it would matter if you applied the character style before or after creating the hyperlink. Unless I'm missing something.