4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 12:31 PM by Steve Werner

Style dialog off screen

RichardLWarrenPSC

While using InDesign full screen (3440x1440), the object style dialog is off the top of the screen and can't be dragged back on because the title bar is also off the screen.  The dialog can't be sized (which usually relocates it), so I'm unsure how to make it visible.  Restoring the app doesn't help either - the dialog is still mostly off the screen.  Also, the WindowsKey + ShiftKey + LeftArrow (or any of the arrows for that matter) doesn't affect the location of the top of the dialog, just switches which screen the dialog incorrectly displays on.

2015-09-14_10-10-51.png

The OS is Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 3 with an LG Ultrawide monitor.

Thanks,

Richard

• 1. Re: Style dialog off screen
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Go to the Workspace menu (Window > Workspace) and reset whatever your current workspace is.

• 2. Re: Style dialog off screen
            RichardLWarrenPSC Level 1

Steve,

Thanks, but that just resets the panels docked within the vertical dock, without altering the location of the Object Style Options dialog that pops-up, mostly off-screen, when I double-click a style in the Object Styles panel.  The options dialog location is unaffected, and still unmovable without being able to click on the dialog title bar.

Thanks,

Richard

• 3. Re: Style dialog off screen
              RichardLWarrenPSC Level 1

Steve,

I contacted Adobe support, and the winning solution was to undock the Surface Pro 3 and bring up InDesign with only the single 2440x1440 monitor.  The Object Style Options windows then popped-up at a usable location.  When I redocked the tablet, reopened InDesign, and brought up the window, it was still where I had left it on the tablet's screen and I could drag it to a usable location on the external monitor.  Solved the problem but I consider it a workaround.  No app should position a window or dialog even partially off-screen in the current monitor/multi-monitor environment.  Sounds like a tweek for InDesign going forward...;-)

Thanks,

Richard

• 4. Re: Style dialog off screen
                Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

My answer would have worked on a Mac, which I use. Sounds like the Surface Pro isn't yet fully compatible.