2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 10:40 AM by Anthony Harry_773

a href not working in IE ( Downloading documents )

Anthony Harry_773

Hi

This is the portion of code

<a href="linuxpath/filename.doc">filename.doc</a>

when I click on filename.doc its asking the option to save in mozilla but in IE its directly opening in browser in bad format .

The same code is working fine in CF9 , we just installed CF11 in new Linux env and facing this issue

Can anyone help on this please

Thanks

Amar

• 1. Re: a href not working in IE ( Downloading documents )
          WolfShade Level 4

Instead of linking directly to the file, I'd recommend having the link open a "download.cfm" file, pass an ID or filename as a URL parameter, and use CFCONTENT and CFHEADER to serve the file.  You can set it for inline or attachment - IE will offer you the choice, regardless.

HTH,

^_^

UPDATE:  Here is how I do it, if you're interested.

<cffile action="readbinary" file="#ExpandPath('./')##filename#" variable="pdfBinary" />

<cfheader name="Content-Disposition" value="attachment; filename=#filename#" charset="utf-8" />
          <cfcontent type="application/pdf" variable="#pdfBinary#" reset="yes" />

• 2. Re: a href not working in IE ( Downloading documents )
            Anthony Harry_773 Level 1

Thank you for the response .

I will try to check with your code . But there are many places and we are trying to avoid any coding during this migration , so trying to find out any changes to configuration files  or some patch updates that might be available to resolve this issue