5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 11:56 AM by Szalam

Masks

abbeyjabbey

I created two masks on a video and put a solid layer below it. It would invert just fine and I'm not sure what I did, but now if I invert it does nothing or if I hit "subtract" it makes the whole composition the layer. Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: Masks
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It probably has to do with the way you've set up your layers. A screenshot of your interface with all mask attributes revealed will help.

• 2. Re: Masks
            abbeyjabbey Level 1

how's this?:Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 10.37.22 AM.png

• 3. Re: Masks

What, exactly are you trying to do? Both masks are set to None, meaning they will have no effect. If you want one to subtract, there has to be something there for it to subtract from. So, the first should be set to add. And, obviously, they shouldn't be the same size in the same place.

• 4. Re: Masks
                abbeyjabbey Level 1

Okay, thank you for your help. I am really new to this and this is just a dorky vid I'm trying to make, but this is what's happening... not sure why the left isn't working.Screen Shot 2015-09-14 at 10.48.07 AM.png

• 5. Re: Masks

Why not put the red solid on top of the footage and put masks on it?

Heck, you could make two red solids (one for each eye), each with their own mask. Ooh! And you could use the rigid mask tracker to follow the eyes!

Anyway, if you want to do it the way you are doing it, make a mask that covers the whole layer at the top of your mask list set to add, then make both of your mini masks set to subtract, and uncheck the inverted box.