2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2017 12:07 PM by Kris Ogilvie

Flickering cursors in InDesign CC 2015

martinahughes

I am using a Wacom Intuos Pro tablet with a Mac running Yosemite. When I work in InDesign CC 2015, my cursor flickers when I move across text or objects. Apart from being distracting and annoying, it makes it difficult to accurately click on a desired point or accurately place a cursor into a block of text. The worst is when I am using the text tool. Moving the cursor causes it to flicker constantly between the selection tool and the text tool. This occurs with other tools as well, such as the eye dropper and the pen tool. The flickering also happens when I'm using the selection tool and trying to pull the corners of a text box or rotate an object. The cursor flickers so quickly between the selection tool and the corner options that it becomes almost impossible to get the desired tool. It also happens with an Apple Mouse, but the flickering doesn't seem to be as fast or as frequent. If anyone has any idea why this is happening or how I can make it stop I would be eternally grateful.