3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 11:20 AM by A.T. Romano

No burners detected when writing to a disc

gwendolynh12188878

I download a group of movie clips after organizing them in Abode to a DVD successfully two times.

Now I get the error message "No burners detected".

I try to rescan but nothing.

I am on a PC using Win 7 and the analysis of my DVD says that it is working properly.

I have tried everything I can think of including opening the DVD drive before I start.

I have tried to download onto my hard drive in a folder - but the result is so shaky it is unacceptable.

These are old videos that my late husband took so it is important to me to be able to save them in DVD form.

What can I do?

• 1. Re: No burners detected when writing to a disc
          A.T. Romano Level 7

gwendolynh

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Do you have installation files or installation disc as well as purchased serial number for your Premiere Elements?

Internal or external burner...and...Blu-ray DVD/CD burner or DVD/CD burner?

The usual drill questions...

a. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

b. Do you have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements? And, are you running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges?

c. What other burn software do your have on this computer?

d. Is your video card/graphics card up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

If you are working with Premiere Elements 13/13.1, have you disabled the preference named "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)"? See Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

Depending on your reply, we are probably heading for uninstall, free ccleaner run through, reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

We will decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: No burners detected when writing to a disc
            gwendolynh12188878 Level 1

This is going to take me a little while but I really want to get the Adobe

Premiere working again.

I am running Adobe Premiere Version 11 on a 64-bit operating system.

I have the installation disc for Windows. Do you need the serial numbers?

I havean internal DVD/CD burner. I am not sure about the Blue Ray

capability but I will not be using that anyway.

I have disabled the firewall and it did not make any difference. I still

have to figure out how to disable the antivirus

I thought that Quicktime was for Apple computers.

I will have to check about whether I am running the programs from a user

account with administrative privileges. I assume that I am because this is

my personal home computer and no other people in the household use it.

Maybe you can give me an idea how to check for any other burn software.

I may not have very much time the rest of this week but will definitely

address this next week.

Thanks so much for responding.

GH

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 2:24 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: No burners detected when writing to a disc
              A.T. Romano Level 7

GH

Thanks for the reply. We are not Adobe, rather user to user. So, do no post any serial numbers in this public forum.

1. The installation of the latest version of QuickTime 7 on your computer with Premiere Elements is a requirement for both Windows and Mac users.

Please use the following link to get the download to install QuickTime 7.

QuickTime - Download - Apple

If you have Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, just hit the Download Now button...that will get you 7.7.8 QuickTime 7.

If you have Windows 10, then use the following link to install 7.7.6 QuickTime 7.

QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

2. You did not say what edition of Windows that you are using...so the generalized answer for finding out User Account status (administrator or not)

Go to Control Panel/User Accounts. The thumbnail for your account should include the word Administrator if the account is set up that way. You should be running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges. Often, you need also to right click the Premiere Elements desktop icon and select and apply Run As Administrator.

We rule in or out the above considerations. After doing that, and if no solution, then we should do an uninstall, reinstall using the following steps....

But, make sure you have installation files (or disc) and purchased serial number before you start this.

a. In the opened project use Help Menu/Deactivate to deactivate Premiere Elements 11. Close out of the project and the program.

b. Go to Control Panel/Installed Programs and uninstall Premiere Elements 11 the usual way.

c. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)...this can be a critical step to get rid of leftovers from incomplete uninstalls reinstalls of Adobe and non Adobe programs that might be creating problems.

CCleaner - Download

Just focus on the free cleaner. If this step is going to work for us, the free cleaner should do it.

d. Reinstall the program with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

If you let me know if you are working with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit, I will try to give you more specific information on disabling the antivirus and firewalls.

For the antivirus, typically you find its controls and disable the Run-time Protection.

We will be watching for your comments and results whenever your schedule permits. If it will be several days before your return to this thread, you may want to copy/paste the link to this thread to a saved Microsoft Word document so that you will find it quicker. Otherwise, you can go to your Adobe ID Profile and click on your Activities Tab there to find the link to this thread.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR